Re: buddhas achieve enlightenment through LS (Was "Which has primacy, Buddha or Dharma"?)

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
LastLegend

Re: buddhas achieve enlightenment through LS (Was "Which has primacy, Buddha or Dharma"?)

Post by LastLegend »

Do people actually believe it’s a work of fiction? Or just say that to teach Nichiren folks a lesson?
It’s eye blinking.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

LastLegend wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:22 pm Do people actually believe it’s a work of fiction? Or just say that to teach Nichiren folks a lesson?
Fiction has some negative connotations. This is not fiction in the sense of The Shining, it's not written purely for entertainment.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Yeah written by human? Not spoken by Buddha? So what do people actually believe in and not believe in?
It’s eye blinking.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

LastLegend wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:00 pm Yeah written by human? Not spoken by Buddha? So what do people actually believe in and not believe in?
It all depends on whose story you believe. But it does not matter much in terms of the content itself, which is what is being discussed here.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

narhwal90 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:10 pm Well if you're going to invent your own ideas about what Nichiren meant, despite what his letters actually say, I'll leave you to it....
I'm not inventing anything.
I'm trying to show you a possible reason why someone who is considered enlightened might not have actually fallen for what i used to believe in.

firstly that Buddha spoke the lotus sutra for the last years of his life.

then it turned into some dharmakaya weirdness inspiring some guy to write it.

Now it's all up in the air and all thats left is to wonder why people floated in the air if anyone was actually there when He summoned all his emannations or if thats all just aesop fable stuff ...

So like how much and what did Tien Tai The Great know of this...

Did Nichiren really think woven into the fabric of reality are 3000 worlds interplaying on everyone...

did Nichiren see what i just saw this morning but His hands were tied to the fables and what people thought ?

why does Nichiren's practice work?
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:01 pm
LastLegend wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:00 pm Yeah written by human? Not spoken by Buddha? So what do people actually believe in and not believe in?
It all depends on whose story you believe. But it does not matter much in terms of the content itself, which is what is being discussed here.
I'm still in love ...the honeymoon is not over...
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

I have no idea what’s going on :lol: .
It’s eye blinking.
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

Minobu wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:11 pm
narhwal90 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:10 pm Well if you're going to invent your own ideas about what Nichiren meant, despite what his letters actually say, I'll leave you to it....
I'm not inventing anything.
I'm trying to show you a possible reason why someone who is considered enlightened might not have actually fallen for what i used to believe in.

firstly that Buddha spoke the lotus sutra for the last years of his life.

then it turned into some dharmakaya weirdness inspiring some guy to write it.

Now it's all up in the air and all thats left is to wonder why people floated in the air if anyone was actually there when He summoned all his emannations or if thats all just aesop fable stuff ...

So like how much and what did Tien Tai The Great know of this...

Did Nichiren really think woven into the fabric of reality are 3000 worlds interplaying on everyone...

did Nichiren see what i just saw this morning but His hands were tied to the fables and what people thought ?

why does Nichiren's practice work?

Don't know. Also not sure about how, when and by whom the Lotus Sutra was written. Don't know what Nagarjuna and Zhyhi were thinking, or Nichiren for that matter. But I'm sure going to be careful and read their material to try and understand what they're saying.
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

That's a wrap.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”