I freakin' love vaccinations now

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Toenail

I freakin' love vaccinations now

Post by Toenail »

Each one is like an upgrade for your continuum making yourself more powerful and resilient. What are your favorite vaccinations? I am 2xBiontech/1xModerna right now and recently finished my 3/3 shot of HPV. Thinking about pneumococci next or this crazy herpes that old people get.

Post what you are getting next
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: I freakin' love vaccinations now

Post by Ayu »

I received a FSME vaccination some years ago, just for a travel to an affected region. That was a feeling of freedom being able to camp in and walk through the forests without anxiety.

I'm not sure, if your OP is meant sarcastically or genuinely, but I have to admit that in fact I feel strengthened truely after each of my three biontech vaccinations. I never had any real negative side effects from the covid vaccinations. Each time I felt a bit tired on day one to four after the vaccination - and I took just more rest and vitamine juices.
Then, each time about two weeks after the vaccinations, I got something like a wave of energy. IDK what was the reason for it exactly, but it felt good.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Ayu wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:18 am Then, each time about two weeks after the vaccinations, I got something like a wave of energy. IDK what was the reason for it exactly, but it felt good.
That’s just the 5G nanobots activating
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

When can I get the inoculation against the trials and tribulations of life? The one that will let me just be as irresponsible as I want without consequence?

That's the one I'm looking forward to.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
justsit

Post by justsit »

Queequeg wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:53 pm When can I get the inoculation against the trials and tribulations of life? The one that will let me just be as irresponsible as I want without consequence?

Try your local RNC office?
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

justsit wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:15 pm
Queequeg wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:53 pm When can I get the inoculation against the trials and tribulations of life? The one that will let me just be as irresponsible as I want without consequence?

Try your local RNC office?
That would just mean I shirk the consequences of my actions onto you. LOL
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
justsit

Post by justsit »

Shirkers-R-Us....conveniently located right next to Blamers-R-Us. :smile:
Shinjin

Post by Shinjin »

Get ready for your fourth omnicorn variant shot. It will be approved by Pfizer soon. :)
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Moderna is working on an Omicron vaccine, too. The problem is that there is a more contagious newer variant now. By the time you can get an Omicron vaccine it may no longer be the dominant strain.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Watching Station Eleven right now. The flu pandemic in that story really depressed me - super contagious, killing 999 out of 1000. It mutated suddenly and brought the world to a stop within days.

Too close to home.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Inedible wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:07 am Moderna is working on an Omicron vaccine, too. The problem is that there is a more contagious newer variant now. By the time you can get an Omicron vaccine it may no longer be the dominant strain.
Afaik the vaccines are still protective against severe disease and death, even without an Omicron specific booster. As far as infection control, no, they can’t do that, we’ve pretty much known that since delta.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:05 pm
Inedible wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:07 am Moderna is working on an Omicron vaccine, too. The problem is that there is a more contagious newer variant now. By the time you can get an Omicron vaccine it may no longer be the dominant strain.
Afaik the vaccines are still protective against severe disease and death, even without an Omicron specific booster. As far as infection control, no, they can’t do that, we’ve pretty much known that since delta.
My understanding is that the issue is the difference between antibodies and t-cells. Its the anti-bodies that fight off an initial infection, if at all. These are however relatively short lived in the body. They are also specialized against particular variants. Its the t-cells that prevent an infection from becoming a serious health matter by destroying the infected cells. T-cells last much longer and are effective against other variants.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Queequeg wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:34 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:05 pm
My understanding is that the issue is the difference between antibodies and t-cells. Its the anti-bodies that fight off an initial infection, if at all. These are however relatively short lived in the body. They are also specialized against particular variants. Its the t-cells that prevent an infection from becoming a serious health matter by destroying the infected cells. T-cells last much longer and are effective against other variants.
That’s correct I think, and it actually brings up the main issue here, which is looking at the vaccines as infection - stoppers doesn’t make a lot of sense anymore, but we have built policy that way. They prevent severe disease and death, but even Fauci admits that eventually everyone is getting Omicron.

If you look you can find a pretty robust debate around the usefulness of boosters for this reason- particularly in low risk young people, ‘boosters for all’ is a debatable recommendation.

The Pharma companies are trying to act like it’s up to them to make public health decisions like yearly boosters or whatever, but that’s just them trying to do their thing, while there may a (somewhat crazy) loose policy consensus on boosters, the actual medical debate is more murky.

Fact is no one knows how long immunity is going to last, immunity against symptomatic infection wanes pretty quick, but immunity against severe disease and death- from natural infection, vaccines and a combo seems pretty durable so far, by my understanding.

-Khunu Lama
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:03 pm That’s correct I think, and it actually brings up the main issue here, which is looking at the vaccines as infection - stoppers doesn’t make a lot of sense anymore, but we have built policy that way. They prevent severe disease and death, but even Fauci admits that eventually everyone is getting Omicron.

If you look you can find a pretty robust debate around the usefulness of boosters for this reason- particularly in low risk young people, ‘boosters for all’ is a debatable recommendation.

The Pharma companies are trying to act like it’s up to them to make public health decisions like yearly boosters or whatever, but that’s just them trying to do their thing, while there may a (somewhat crazy) loose policy consensus on boosters, the actual medical debate is more murky.

Fact is no one knows how long immunity is going to last, immunity against symptomatic infection wanes pretty quick, but immunity against severe disease and death- from natural infection, vaccines and a combo seems pretty durable so far, by my understanding.
I could see us getting to a point where we get annual shots at the beginning of COVID season - say the fall months - that hit the particular variant going around, but more importantly strengthen t-cell response - sort of like the flu shot. It does, as you say, depend on the science. At this point, it does not seem we develop immunity to corona viruses the way we develop life long chicken pox immunity.

I don't think, though, that shots can be the only thing we do. Despite what some people try to argue, it is worse than a flu. Friends of mine, vaxxed and boosted, got omicron from their daughter. They say its like a really bad respiratory cold. They're dealing, but its still not something to be taken lightly, especially if you have close contact with vulnerable people and it is so contagious.

In addition to shots, I think precautions like masking and social distancing are going to be seasonal parts of life from now on.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Queequeg wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:40 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:03 pm That’s correct I think, and it actually brings up the main issue here, which is looking at the vaccines as infection - stoppers doesn’t make a lot of sense anymore, but we have built policy that way. They prevent severe disease and death, but even Fauci admits that eventually everyone is getting Omicron.

I could see us getting to a point where we get annual shots at the beginning of COVID season - say the fall months - that hit the particular variant going around, but more importantly strengthen t-cell response - sort of like the flu shot. It does, as you say, depend on the science. At this point, it does not seem we develop immunity to corona viruses the way we develop life long chicken pox immunity.
Covid mutates differently from than flu. At this point afaik there is no evidence one way or another for yearly shots. Along the same lines, so far Covid has not just been seasonal, it has had this weird two month pattern. Important to remember here, our current vaccines were developed for the original strain and -still- are protective against severe disease and death… that is different from the flu. You might want to look up Paul Offit, he has some good explanations of this stuff and is about as credible a source as they come.

I don't think, though, that shots can be the only thing we do. Despite what some people try to argue, it is worse than a flu. Friends of mine, vaxxed and boosted, got omicron from their daughter. They say its like a really bad respiratory cold. They're dealing, but its still not something to be taken lightly, especially if you have close contact with vulnerable people and it is so contagious.

In addition to shots, I think precautions like masking and social distancing are going to be seasonal parts of life from now on.
That is probably true. I think there is little point in cloth masks personally, but there are situations where I will throw on my surgical or n95 outside of work just based on likely risk.

To be honest it’s a weird thing to think about as a reasonably healthy 45 year old, I want to avoid Covid, but then again my immunity is probably better now than it will be even a few months from now…which makes me question whether it’s worth being all that vigilant.

My current theory is that I may have some decent vaccine + possible old school Covid infection immunity keeping me ok. I think I get exposed -constantly- at my job and have never been symptomatic, nor tested positive, though granted I have not been tested all that much.

Anyway, I know a crapload of people who’ve had Omicron, including my immune suppressed mother. It seems range from something barely noticeable to something pretty bad. I’ve known
People that were bedridden, and I’ve known people who thought it was allergies.

-Khunu Lama
Svalaksana

Post by Svalaksana »

These people also love vax:

Looking but not seeing - that's my eye.
Thinking but not minding - that's my mind.
Speaking but not expressing - that's my tongue.
Traveling but not going - that's my path.
SkyFox

Post by SkyFox »

After a very recent bout of Covid, which lasted a mere 5 days with relatively "mild" side effects, I'm also glad that I got vaccinated :rolleye: As strange as this sounds, this vaccine seemed to help me with unrelated Covid ailments. Before, I easily got sick if I slept with the window opened, but that is no longer the case any more; even my seasonal allergies seem to be a lot better. I have no idea why because I didn't expect any of this :shrug:
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Queequeg wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:32 pm Watching Station Eleven right now. The flu pandemic in that story really depressed me - super contagious, killing 999 out of 1000. It mutated suddenly and brought the world to a stop within days.

Too close to home.
We managed to bring the world to a halt with something that kills fewer than 1 in 100. Truth is stranger than fiction
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

30 to 40 percent of male throat and mouth cancers are caused by HPV. There are big studies being conducted right now to prove that vaccination after 17 is still effective to force the insurance companies in EU to pay for it. Even if you already have it there is reason to believe the vaccination would lower cancer risk. The most common vaccine these days is the 9 fold Gardasil vaccination which contains 9 different strains. If you have 3 or so already you will still be protected against the other 6 etc.

The vaccination routine should be 3 doses in 6 months at 0 - 2 - 6

In women it can cause cancer in one part of the vagina where babies come from. I don't know the English name.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Toenail wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:11 pm In women it can cause cancer in one part of the vagina where babies come from. I don't know the English name.
Uterus.

Return to “Lounge”