Lucky colour in Tibetan astrology

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
jmlee369

Lucky colour in Tibetan astrology

Post by jmlee369 »

Apparently individuals have a lucky colour in Tibetan astrology, does anyone know how that is calculated?
Arnoud

Re: Lucky colour in Tibetan astrology

Post by Arnoud »

Blue, it's always blue. :woohoo:
namoh

Post by namoh »

I thought the colors were attached to the Mewa?
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

namoh wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:14 pm I thought the colors were attached to the Mewa?
I am aware of mewa colours, but then the question is which mewa? Birth mewa? I also haven't seen an association of mewa colour with luck.
namoh

Post by namoh »

Its a guess.I’ve also heard mention of a lucky stone, which may or may not be related to the lucky color, which may or may not be connected to the Mewa (but not the Mewa color). In the way that other things are attached to the Mewa, like deity, previous life, etc.
I’ve been trying to figure this bit about the stones out for years but not running into a lot of success. My lucky color is blue and stone supposedly turquoise, but when I tried to get more information from the person who told me that, they were fairly obstinate.
Tenma

Post by Tenma »

namoh wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:53 pm Its a guess.I’ve also heard mention of a lucky stone, which may or may not be related to the lucky color, which may or may not be connected to the Mewa (but not the Mewa color). In the way that other things are attached to the Mewa, like deity, previous life, etc.
I’ve been trying to figure this bit about the stones out for years but not running into a lot of success. My lucky color is blue and stone supposedly turquoise, but when I tried to get more information from the person who told me that, they were fairly obstinate.
I've never heard of a lucky stone within Tibetan astrology; source on that?
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
jmlee369

Post by jmlee369 »

namoh wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:53 pm Its a guess.I’ve also heard mention of a lucky stone, which may or may not be related to the lucky color, which may or may not be connected to the Mewa (but not the Mewa color). In the way that other things are attached to the Mewa, like deity, previous life, etc.
Tenma wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:57 pm I've never heard of a lucky stone within Tibetan astrology; source on that?
The colour and stone seem to be related as Jhampa Kelsang mentions in this interview his colour is blue and therefore stone is turquoise as well.

When Michael Palin had an astrology chart made at Men Tse Khang, he got three lucky colours, blue, white, and red. So I think it is not related to mewa.
namoh

Post by namoh »

Jhampa Kelsang was the astrologer who told me the bit about the stone directly, years ago. I tried to ask him some more questions about it but he didn’t seem game to discuss. I asked the an astrologer from Men Tsee Khang about it and they shrugged and said they didn’t know. An Amchi friend said they were familiar with this, and it could be looked up in a book, which makes me think it’s attached possibly to one of those long calendars Tibetans are fond of that have all the horoscope info.

Return to “Lounge”