Children Covid Vaccinations

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
MiphamFan

Re: Children Covid Vaccinations

Post by MiphamFan »

Is there evidence that vaccinations prevent such damage?

I just took my 2nd dose of Sinopharm today. I actually did have some Heart inflammation after my first dose, a squeezing feeling in my heart area. Did blood tests and ECGs. The doctor said there were some irregularities in my ECG but said I should be fine. I overlooked her shoulder and saw that actually she noted down “possible pericarditis”.

Anyway, it’s over, I’m going to avoid strenuous exercise for a while. I think fasting and lack of sleep also triggers the chest tightness feeling.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Sādhaka wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:40 pm
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:55 pmThe vast majority of the Western Buddhists I know consider the jab an evil concoction from outer space.

Then Dharmawheel.net does not represent the views of most western Buddhists afterall then...?

Good to hear.
I am still recovering from Covid, have been ill for 14 days right now. It took me two days at the university to pick it from my students, in spite of the fact that I have been Pfitzer-jabbed twice (got the second jab on the last day of June). I have naturally managed to share the pleasure with my wife, who suffers from asthma and hypertension.

Long story short, it is a nasty nasty shite even if one has received the vaccine. Judging by how we are faring, without the jab I would be in hospital, and most probably a widower.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Tills ljuset tar oss

Post by Tills ljuset tar oss »

I never got covid and i never took the shot.

Medicine Buddha is real.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Tills ljuset tar oss wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:16 amMedicine Buddha is real.
Undoubtedly. And among his activities today is distributing the vaccine and helping people understand they need to maintain social distancing and wear masks.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
Knotty Veneer

Post by Knotty Veneer »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:27 am
Undoubtedly. And among his activities today is distributing the vaccine and helping people understand they need to maintain social distancing and wear masks.
:good:
This is not the wrong life.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Queequeg wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:32 pm
Archie2009 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:12 pm In the Netherlands children from age 12 to 17 can get vaccinated. If I had children in that age bracket I would indeed get them vaccinated.

I understand children under age 11 are soon eligible for a vaccine in the US?

Intensive care units here are full of the (adult) unvaccinated. The Dutch bible belt is especially hard hit. I understand people are starting to get fed up with it. Surgeries postponed too accomodate Jebus people.
Children 5-11 have been approved for Pfizer in the US. I am sure the rest of the world will soon follow suit.

I believe the COVID shot will become as routine as the annual flu shot and we'll get to some sort of normal soon. I hope the mask wearing indoors in the winter becomes routine - sort of like it is in E. Asia. One thing that I've become more conscientious about in the last year is breathing in other people's breath. Ew. Touching strangers is gross enough; who knows where they've been and what they've touched. Breathing in vapors they've just exhaled is even grosser.
Nemo wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:07 pm Based on the chances of children having an adverse vaccine reaction versus the current probability of them catching Covid and having a major complication the vaccine is the right choice. But I get many people don't understand math.
Its indeed math.

I suspect I had a heart issue related to the shot (my heart went into afib - there's an apparent higher incidence of heart inflammation among E. Asians from the shot). Drs couldn't confirm or deny it was from the shot, but based on my heart health and age, I shouldn't have gotten afib. It cleared up on it own, but it inspired me to meditate on mortality for a bit. Still, I would take the shot again, and we plan on getting our kids vaccinated ASAP. The virus has been getting around in our community and quarantine protocols seem excessive, they're still extremely cautious despite revisions from the rules at the height of last year, and a certainly a pain in the ass - our kids have had one quarantine order, and might be getting another any minute. That said, contrary to the news coverage that seems to focus on pockets of demonstrative panic, we have neither freakouts about wanting the schools to go remote nor anti-mask drama queens. I suspect most communities are more like us - nobody is happy, but we suck it up and deal - we know this COVID can kill our elders and others with certain health conditions.
Indeed, many medical professionals no longer understand the difference between intramuscular and intravenous. The vaccine being administered IV instead of IM is the main cause of heart complications. That is why we had ours administered by an MD. They simply do a quick aspiration by pulling on the needle to make sure they didn't accidentally hit a vein before injecting.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Nemo wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:27 am Indeed, many medical professionals no longer understand the difference between intramuscular and intravenous. The vaccine being administered IV instead of IM is the main cause of heart complications. That is why we had ours administered by an MD. They simply do a quick aspiration by pulling on the needle to make sure they didn't accidentally hit a vein before injecting.
Now been made aware of this issue by the DW community. Thank you.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

MiphamFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:58 am Is there evidence that vaccinations prevent such damage?
I don't think anything is 100%. The vaccines basically prepare the body to quickly respond in the event of an infection and ideally fight it off before it causes too much damage. I think this is some important information to disseminate because there seems to be this assumption that the vaccine acts as a shield and therefore disappointment and increased skepticism when people hear about "breakthrough" infections.

Ideally, vaccinated people who do get infected are able to fight the infection and minimally contagious because the virus does not proliferate.

If we take basic precautions along with the vaccine (staying home and away from people when we feel sick, and definitely when we have a fever, wear masks indoors, avoid large crowds) its possible we could get infections down to the point its endemic but not a public health disaster. That's the best case scenario. COVID is here to stay and we just need to learn to live with it.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

...And among his activities today is distributing the vaccine and helping people understand they need to maintain social distancing and wear masks.

That’s an assumption.
Last edited by Sādhaka on Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sādhaka wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:44 pm
...And among his activities today is distributing the vaccine and helping people understand they need to maintain social distancing and wear masks.

That’s an assumption.
A reasonable one based on the fact that 99% of all people presently in hospitals with covid did not receive vaccination when they could have. But some people just continue to be dumb as shit and listen to morons like Joe Rogan.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

When did Buddhadharma become some hokey faith healing shit? Is there magic underwear blessed with the power of Bhaisajyaguru to protect me from germs?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Queequeg wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:57 pm When did Buddhadharma become some hokey faith healing shit?
Sakya Pandit complained in the 13th century about this view in Illuminating the Muni's Intent:

Here someone claims, “If one obtains a medical diagnosis, recites texts and so on, one will have no confidence in the jewel of the Dharma. Having obtained a medical diagnosis, it is best to then go for refuge to the Three Jewels. One will damage one’s refuge in the Three Jewels if one takes medicine.”

In that case, it is said in the Bhaisayavastu of the Vinayāgama that doctors and medicines are to be relied upon by sick bhikṣus. Since food and drink are included together in the four kinds of medicine, if one eats or drinks one will be damaging one’s refuge. Therefore, just as one eats and drinks, how can it be reasonable to claim “One harms one’s going for refuge if one takes medicine?” If a scholar sees this, he will be disgusted.

So, it has been around for a long time...
Tills ljuset tar oss

Post by Tills ljuset tar oss »

Sigh..

All this peer pressure to conform to a non buddhist establishment.

I guess i'm very orthodox.

I entrust myself to Medicine Buddha.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:40 pm Here someone claims, “If one obtains a medical diagnosis, recites texts and so on, one will have no confidence in the jewel of the Dharma. Having obtained a medical diagnosis, it is best to then go for refuge to the Three Jewels. One will damage one’s refuge in the Three Jewels if one takes medicine.”

In that case, it is said in the Bhaisayavastu of the Vinayāgama that doctors and medicines are to be relied upon by sick bhikṣus. Since food and drink are included together in the four kinds of medicine, if one eats or drinks one will be damaging one’s refuge. Therefore, just as one eats and drinks, how can it be reasonable to claim “One harms one’s going for refuge if one takes medicine?” If a scholar sees this, he will be disgusted.
That's awesome.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Tills ljuset tar oss wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:29 pm Sigh..

Do what you like. Don't call it Buddhadharma, though. Be honest and call it, "Stuff I like to believe."
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Are you ducking serious?

What Buddhist establishment are you part of that is governing your actions? What other parts of your life are you following their advice in, and who specifically is your authoritative source of information beyond your own fantasies? Do you have a guru that has advised you? Wiki pages? 8 Chan Buddhist Internet conversations?

Don’t be talking like you’re plugged in to some conduit of Buddhist religious authority simply because you don’t wanna get vaccinated.

Acting like some Buddhist version of a Christian Scientist, smmfh….
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Tlalok

Post by Tlalok »

Me too, that's why I don't fasten my seatbelt or open my eyes while driving. Medicine Buddha will also cure me if I take a nice refreshing swig of wood alcohol.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

There's very little difference between the things you're saying now, your attitude, and that of New Age / Fascist line of thinking.

And as for orthodoxy, His Holiness the Dalai Lama and His Holiness Sakya Trichen both got vaccinated. And both encourages others to also get vaccinated.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

When doctors of Tibetan Medicine give a patient medicine, they first bless the medicine with mantras of the Medicine Buddha (and a visualization).

If all that was needed was Medicine Buddha mantras and prayers, do you think they would bother to give the actual medicine at all? Wouldn't they just tell the patient to accumulate mantras?

The jab is there for your protection.

Virgo
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Locked for review.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?

Return to “Lounge”