Any astrologers here?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Nadereme

Any astrologers here?

Post by Nadereme »

Not necessarily Tibetan astrology, but those also familiar with and practice Western Tropical astrology. I have been interested in correlating astrology with Buddhadharma/Dzogchen and wondering if any of you have insights. Thanks!
Motova

Re: Any astrologers here?

Post by Motova »

Read ChNNR stuff.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Nadereme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:59 am Not necessarily Tibetan astrology, but those also familiar with and practice Western Tropical astrology. I have been interested in correlating astrology with Buddhadharma/Dzogchen and wondering if any of you have insights. Thanks!
What kind of system are you interested in using here? Would it be Hellenistic? Medieval/Rennaissance? Modern Western Astrology?

I use a little bit of all of the above, but rarely ever just a single system. I ten to use Hellenistic and Rennaisance techniques and time lords along with some Modern interpretation and input (outer planets, etc). I also use Jyotish and sidereal calculations for certain purposes with vedic time lords, dashas, panchanga, tec. I also overlay charts with BaZi/Four Pillars system, Eight Mansions, Flying Star, and QMDJ in addition to some Tibetan Astrology (major and minor combinations, etc.). I tend to employ all or most of these when I read a chart.

It's not very comprehensive and it is just my opinions (you won't find these in texts) but I wrote a post about this topic here:

https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.p ... nt#p504184

Virgo
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

There is a lot I left out of the post in that thread.

For example, nobleman stars.

Nobleman stars can be extremely useful for meeting Gurus and/or people who bring you to the teachings in the general.

It is good to see these in the birth chart, in the year, month, day or hour pillars.

Nobleman stars appearing in the year pillar show that these people appearing in public settings. For example, I have a nobleman star in my year pillar and I live in an area that has a large amount of Dharma centers.

When appearing in the month pillar this has to do more with your immediate environment, either at home or at work, so you have a close family member, or co-worker that introduces you to the teachings.

In the day pillar it can be your spouse or a very close friend.

In the hour pillar it can be from children, or projects and hobbies, for example, you ski as a hobby and you meet someone who introduces you to Dharma on a ski trip.

These stars appearing in the luck pillars is also great. I encountered the Dharma running a 10-year luck pillar with a Nobleman star it.

Virgo
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Nobody has a clue what I am talking about, do they?

Virgo
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

Virgo wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:39 pm Nobody has a clue what I am talking about, do they?

Virgo
I’m interested in Astrology especially Tibetan but never found the time in my list of priorities to learn it.

Love to have a session with someone skilled to understand my life better.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:49 pm
Virgo wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:39 pm Nobody has a clue what I am talking about, do they?

Virgo
I’m interested in Astrology especially Tibetan but never found the time in my list of priorities to learn it.

I would be happy to read your birth chart; however I don't really use Tibetan Astrology, aside from incorporating a few aspects from it. The reading would not be a "Tibetan Astrology" reading. The techniques I use are listed above. The two main ones I use as a basis are Hellenistic Astrology and the Four Pillars of Destiny. I tend to overlay other aspects as needed, particularly Eight Mansions with Flying Star (both of these are used as astrological systems as well as Feng Shui systems).

Again I am happy to do, just PM if you are interested. But bear in mind that I am extremely busy at the moment so it will take me about a week to do the chart. I will also happily answer any questions for you about it.

Virgo
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Thanks sent a PM

Kind of you
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Virgo
:smile:
That's a wild guess! It's wrong, too.

I have taken enough of an interest in astrology in the past to know what you're talking about ... a bit hazy on some parts of it, admittedly ... but I ended up deciding that it wasn't something that I found particularly useful or interesting, so I felt no need to respond to this thread. There may be dozens more in my position.
:thinking:

I could compile quite a long list of similarly 'fringe' studies - feng shui, reiki, tarot, whatever - that I've looked at over the years and given either a :thumbsup: or a :toilet: vote to, but I doubt that anyone would be interested.

:coffee:
Kim
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Kim O'Hara wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:15 am

Virgo
:smile:
That's a wild guess! It's wrong, too.

I have taken enough of an interest in astrology in the past to know what you're talking about ... a bit hazy on some parts of it, admittedly ... but I ended up deciding that it wasn't something that I found particularly useful or interesting, so I felt no need to respond to this thread. There may be dozens more in my position.
:thinking:
:thumbsup: :namaste:

Virgo
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Virgo wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:58 pm
Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:49 pm

Virgo

I would be happy to read your birth chart; however I don't really use Tibetan Astrology, aside from incorporating a few aspects from it. The reading would not be a "Tibetan Astrology" reading. The techniques I use are listed above. The two main ones I use as a basis are Hellenistic Astrology and the Four Pillars of Destiny. I tend to overlay other aspects as needed, particularly Eight Mansions with Flying Star (both of these are used as astrological systems as well as Feng Shui systems).

Again I am happy to do, just PM if you are interested. But bear in mind that I am extremely busy at the moment so it will take me about a week to do the chart. I will also happily answer any questions for you about it.

Virgo
Thanks you did a wonderful job it’s fascinating very in depth reading 🙏

You must of dedicated years to learn that much about Astrology.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:44 am
Thanks you did a wonderful job it’s fascinating very in depth reading 🙏

You must of dedicated years to learn that much about Astrology.
Thanks Konchog, my pleasure. I've been studying it for two and a half decades, but there is still a great deal to learn.

Virgo
Nadereme

Post by Nadereme »

Virgo wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:29 pm
Nadereme wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:59 am Not necessarily Tibetan astrology, but those also familiar with and practice Western Tropical astrology. I have been interested in correlating astrology with Buddhadharma/Dzogchen and wondering if any of you have insights. Thanks!
What kind of system are you interested in using here? Would it be Hellenistic? Medieval/Rennaissance? Modern Western Astrology?

I use a little bit of all of the above, but rarely ever just a single system. I ten to use Hellenistic and Rennaisance techniques and time lords along with some Modern interpretation and input (outer planets, etc). I also use Jyotish and sidereal calculations for certain purposes with vedic time lords, dashas, panchanga, tec. I also overlay charts with BaZi/Four Pillars system, Eight Mansions, Flying Star, and QMDJ in addition to some Tibetan Astrology (major and minor combinations, etc.). I tend to employ all or most of these when I read a chart.

It's not very comprehensive and it is just my opinions (you won't find these in texts) but I wrote a post about this topic here:

https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.p ... nt#p504184

Virgo
Hey, kinda late here but I mean Western Tropical in general, I like the blend of it all though I’m questioning of a lot of the modern psychological stuff which I see as kinda hippieish 60s/70s vagueness. I am wondering how Western Tropical correlates to Dharma, like about the signs, the houses, the planets, the fixed stars, the asteroids, exoplanets, and other objects.

Return to “Lounge”