Fear of Woking

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Malcolm

Re: Fear of Woking

Post by Malcolm »

Queequeg wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:33 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:24 pm I abandoned that fashion completely in 1985 when I saw a ten year old on a skateboard dressed exactly like me.
Sorry. That might have been me.
Nah, it was probably Ben Affleck. :-)
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Fear of Woking

Post by Queequeg »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:16 pm
Queequeg wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:33 pm
Malcolm wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:24 pm I abandoned that fashion completely in 1985 when I saw a ten year old on a skateboard dressed exactly like me.
Sorry. That might have been me.
Nah, it was probably Ben Affleck. :-)
LOL

I have an eccentric uncle who claims he met Ben Affleck and Matt Damon at the Mars Bar in NYC and told them his life story, which they then made into Good Will Hunting. He's kind of a mad genius who might have been something if he had gone to school... the kind of person who you used to find around the East Village back in the day that you couldn't quite tell was either crazy or brilliant. I could see him talking up some idea for an invention like a perpetual motion machine in a bar to other patrons who might take it in good humor while enjoying the yarn. That scene where Matt Damon jumps his childhood bully was supposedly his story.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,

Return to “Lounge”