Epidemiological grounds for social revolution

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Natan

Epidemiological grounds for social revolution

Post by Natan »

This epidemiologist cites 100 year old epidemic research which still holds true today as cause for revolutionary social change.

I've had this in mind for some time. What to do about violent coercive idiots?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/10/opin ... st-us.html
Natan

Re: Epidemiological grounds for social revolution

Post by Natan »

Honestly, the situation is extremely ominous. Here a boy is mocked for saying his grandmother died of Covid bc someone wasn't wearing a mask.

The issue is not just American. I've been listening to a talkative Spaniard recently talk about all the corporate interference in Covid. And he also denies there's a pandemic. He says the idea of a pandemic is a made up corporate construct. He was in shared hostel rooms unmasked and coughing for a week. Many people pick up a cough. How many are Covid is unknowable, bc testing is not required. Surely some.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... dults-mock

I feel the interference of corporations into public university research science is a core of the social disease. Governments are no longer advised by credible disinterested fact finders. And as a result of the credibility gap, eccentrics and fanatics have free reign to wreak havoc on the world.

Unless and until science is restored to public research and teaching institutions, where peer reviewed findings are respected and inform policy makers who are elected based on a record of respect for facts and public debate, the religious aggressives will remain out of control.

Essentially we live in a world made beautiful by the left and subsequently destroyed by the right. And since the right are coercive and violent religious fanatics, an actual war seems inevitable.

Here in Brazil Bolsonaro being a Trump sycophant has plans to invalidate the coming election where he's almost certain to lose to leftist Lula. Bolsonaro also has stated publicly he prefers the days of military dictatorship. This week was Brazil's independence and he called for rallies. Copacabana was filled to the brim with Bolsonaro supporters many wearing fatigues and red berets.

Nixon, Reagan and Bushes, the republicans disguised as democrats, Clinton and Obama are all responsible for emboldening the idiots we have now.

I know in my own family, which has an Evangelical fanatic side, since my mother and father were scientists they had to tone down the idiot scriptural rhetoric. It took them like 30 years to tone it down. My parents died as Trump took office and the gloves came off. At the same time the whole world just went insane.

I see nothing worth saving in this mess, not unless respect for science is restored. Opting out nonviolently and leading a Bodhisattva way of life seems the only thing worth doing.
Last edited by Natan on Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Lounge”