Past Regrets

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
SkyFox

Past Regrets

Post by SkyFox »

I read from a fellow member that he had many regrets in his life, and that got me thinking that we probably all do. So I decided to create this thread for anyone who wants to share.

For me personally, I regret messing around and not being there for my mother when she needed me the most. I was argumentative and took her for granted; things always had to go my way. I think these are the worst types of regrets because they worsen when the person passes away, and all you have left are memories.
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Re: Past Regrets

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

If you embrace the Dharma and develop Bodhicitta you can work towards a position where you can benefit beings connected to you in various ways.

If you can be reborn in the Pure Lands there is endless scope to benefit those connected.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Konchog Thogme Jampa wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:25 pm If you embrace the Dharma and develop Bodhicitta you can work towards a position where you can benefit beings connected to you in various ways.

If you can be reborn in the Pure Lands there is endless scope to benefit those connected.
Dharma is about absorbing and reflecting. Making past mistakes is growth, only if one understands the dharma and that if there was satisfaction for past and present negative thoughts and actions, that needs to be purified. It’s the satisfaction part that completes a negative action (negative karma)

Jampa your post is very nice.
nightbloom

Post by nightbloom »

I have a lot of regrets in the sense that I've made many mistakes and harmed myself and others. In a way, I don't regret the former, because they've humbled me and I've learned a lot about arrogance, self-deception and vanity. I really do wish I could take back and rectify any wounds of inflicted on others, however. I also wish I'd reciprocated offers of friendship from people who approached me when I was not very approachable. I think I closed out a lot of good people out of fear and suspicion. I hope all those people are well, wherever they are.
SkyFox

Post by SkyFox »

nightbloom wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:26 am I have a lot of regrets in the sense that I've made many mistakes and harmed myself and others. In a way, I don't regret the former, because they've humbled me and I've learned a lot about arrogance, self-deception and vanity. I really do wish I could take back and rectify any wounds of inflicted on others, however. I also wish I'd reciprocated offers of friendship from people who approached me when I was not very approachable. I think I closed out a lot of good people out of fear and suspicion. I hope all those people are well, wherever they are.
Wow, this hit me straight in the heart. I've made many mistakes like you have. And sadly to say, they were an integral part of my spritual and mental development. They have helped me improve and mature as a person in so many ways that I can't fathom where I'd be today if I didn't experienced that sort of suffering; however, I just wish my suffering didn't have such a negative impact on those around me. There are still nights where I would
wake up with buttferflys in my stomach from the guilt.

May you (we) find peace :anjali:
Last edited by SkyFox on Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Lounge”