Quiz - Which Political Party would you belong to?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Malcolm

Re: Quiz - Which Political Party would you belong to?

Post by Malcolm »

Danny wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:22 am
Malcolm wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:35 pm
This is meaningful, because it shows that white people in this country are not all as thick as bricks, myopically addicted to Tucker Carlson.
This is just assholeism.

and the idiots are winning the war.

Looking for deeper meaning is just more assholeism

It’s a self licking icecream cone.
Ummm, there is no deeper meaning to find…
Danny

Post by Danny »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:26 am
Malcolm wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:35 pm
This is meaningful, because it shows that white people in this country are not all as thick as bricks, myopically addicted to Tucker Carlson.
This is just assholeism.

Right so why you perpetuate something else?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Danny wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 am
Malcolm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:26 am

This is just assholeism.

Right so why you perpetuate something else?
It was pretty funny, actually.
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Most of us seem to agree that systemic rascism exists and CRT has a valid place in education and law etc. etc...The complaints are usually a skewed take on CRT’s points, i.e that it teaches all white kids that they are inherently little racists because they were born white. It’s true that white people are born with privilege, or as Paul Mooney says, “The complexion for the protection.”

I’ve been to events where I was the only white person, supporting the cause. At one I was pretty dismayed by what I heard from the speaker. That all white people are an inferior race of degenerate homosexuals. When they started putting up images of art from ancient Greece depicting homosexuals and saying all whites were disgusting and brought homosexuality to the earth, that’s when I said, “Huh?” Yet everyone else was nodding their heads in agreement.

Anyhoo, I like John McWhorthy’s opinions. Call him an Uncle Tom, Oreo or whatever convenient term that is used to insult him typically. The only loss will be in a less vibrant discourse.
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

Removed a number of off-topic posts, some of which contained profanity. Next step will be locking the thread.
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

Thread locked.
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

Moderator consensus was to re-open the thread. Hopefully further posts can remain civil and on-topic.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

KristenM wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:56 am
I’ve been to events where I was the only white person, supporting the cause. At one I was pretty dismayed by what I heard from the speaker. That all white people are an inferior race of degenerate homosexuals. When they started putting up images of art from ancient Greece depicting homosexuals and saying all whites were disgusting and brought homosexuality to the earth, that’s when I said, “Huh?” Yet everyone else was nodding their heads in agreement.
Umm, did you find yourself in a meeting of 5 percenters or something?

https://www.academia.edu/8737494
Kurp

Post by Kurp »

Queequeg wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:02 pm NYT quiz - if there were six political parties in the US, based on your views, which one would you likely belong to?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... =url-share

I would be on the socially liberal end of the Labor Party, which sounds about right.
Progressive party.

While I was still in the zone, I also took a quiz on which Power Ranger I am. Turns out I’m the yellow one.
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:30 pm

Sadiki Bakari. I must have been at one of his secret teachings because on Youtube he is more psy-ops, Covid is a hoax type of stuff.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

KristenM wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:21 pm

Sadiki Bakari. I must have been at one of his secret teachings because on Youtube he is more psy-ops, Covid is a hoax type of stuff.
Definitely Five Percenter adjacent:

“We must fullstand that ‘God’ is reality. If you do not overstand reality, you have absolutely no sense of ‘God’ or the concept. You are basing the ‘God’ concept according to your interpretation or most likely someone else’s interpretation which is a misinterpretation of true reality, and therefore the misinterpretation of truth.
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:36 pm

“We must fullstand that ‘God’ is reality. If you do not overstand reality, you have absolutely no sense of ‘God’ or the concept. You are basing the ‘God’ concept according to your interpretation or most likely someone else’s interpretation which is a misinterpretation of true reality, and therefore the misinterpretation of truth.
Honestly, I had no idea what I was walking into. My friend invited me and said he thought I was one of the few white people who could handle truth. But everyone looked cool, not a bunch of guys wearing robes. :shrug:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

KristenM wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:41 pm

Honestly, I had no idea what I was walking into. My friend invited me and said he thought I was one of the few white people who could handle truth. But everyone looked cool, not a bunch of guys wearing robes. :shrug:
Well read that pdf I posted. Its interesting.
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:58 pm
KristenM wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:41 pm

Oh, it’s interesting, alright. I skimmed through it. It’s long. When I have more time perhaps I’ll read word for word. From what I did read, white people may on occasion be allowed to become 5 per centers, as sickly babies. Maybe that’s why I was allowed to be present?

Bernie Sander’s video about people losing faith in government and democracy doesn’t imo fully address the deep seated mistrust of US government that a lot of people hold. The five percenters don’t trust anyone in the US government. I can’t blame them, even if I don’t agree with them.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

KristenM wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:39 am
Bernie Sander’s video about people losing faith in government and democracy doesn’t imo fully address the deep seated mistrust of US government that a lot of people hold. The five percenters don’t trust anyone in the US government. I can’t blame them, even if I don’t agree with them.
Regressive forces want us to lack confidence in the gvt. What they really want us to do is to lose confidence in ourselves. That’s where tyranny begins, beginning with the first tyrant, Pisistratus, he was thrust into power because Athenians lost confidence in Democracy, that is, themselves.
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Malcolm wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:48 am
KristenM wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:39 am
Regressive forces want us to lack confidence in the gvt. What they really want us to do is to lose confidence in ourselves. That’s where tyranny begins, beginning with the first tyrant, Pisistratus, he was thrust into power because Athenians lost confidence in Democracy, that is, themselves.
Nadereme

Post by Nadereme »

I am sometimes a bit fascinated as to why so many Buddhists seem to have strong political opinions/views and sometimes are borderline extremists. Discussions can turn emotional and strong quickly. To me it is just more grasping.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Interesting is one way of putting it. I thought the nation of islam were out there. These guys' belief system is a whole new level of bizarre
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

PeterC wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:57 am
Interesting is one way of putting it. I thought the nation of islam were out there. These guys' belief system is a whole new level of bizarre
Yes, and then you have the Wu Tang Clan combing this with their concept of Buddhism...
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nadereme wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:15 am I am sometimes a bit fascinated as to why so many Buddhists seem to have strong political opinions/views and sometimes are borderline extremists. Discussions can turn emotional and strong quickly. To me it is just more grasping.
I am always fascinated by how some Buddhists feign indifference to politics, as if the plight of their fellows is of no concern to them at all. There is all kinds of grasping out there, including indifference.

Return to “Lounge”