Looking for people interested in Krishnamurti

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Rick

Looking for people interested in Krishnamurti

Post by Rick »

Krishnamurti was my first spiritual teacher. I never met him f2f, but have been engaged with his 'teachings' since my mid-20s. He has remained an often dormant, sometimes active presence in my spiritual journey ever since. No matter where I go, he's not far away.

I hang out with lots of Krishnamurti fans. One thing I really miss is a common ground of interest in Buddhism. So it hit me today that there might be some people interested in Krishnamurti right here in the forum!

If you are here, you are obviously engaged with Buddhism. If you are also engaged with Krishnamurti and would like to talk with a like-minded soul about integrating Buddha's and Krishnamurti's teachings, please let me know. (There is a precedent for this. Toni Packer, next in line to head the Rochester Zen Center, left instead and opened the Springwater Center, which was informed by both Buddhist and Krishnamurtian teachings. I did several retreats with Toni, she was the real thing imo.)

:bow:

Note: My intention is not to create a Krishnamurti enclave in Dharma Wheel, rather to find some people here who are interested in Krishnamurti and talk outside of Dharma Wheel.
Last edited by Rick on Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
FiveSkandhas

Re: Looking for people interested in Krishnamurti

Post by FiveSkandhas »

While I respect Krishnamurti, he isn't Buddhist and this board is pretty strictly dedicated to the Mayahana Buddhist tradition.

You might have more luck at the affiliated messageboard:
https://www.dharmapaths.com/
The link above takes you to a community that is more "exploratory" about comparative religion and multiple traditions.
:anjali:
"One should cultivate contemplation in one’s foibles. The foibles are like fish, and contemplation is like fishing hooks. If there are no fish, then the fishing hooks have no use. The bigger the fish is, the better the result we will get. As long as the fishing hooks keep at it, all foibles will eventually be contained and controlled at will." -Zhiyi

"Just be kind." -Atisha
Rick

Post by Rick »

Five, thanks for the link, I'll have a look.

I agree that a Krishnamurti enclave is probably not appropriate for Dharma Wheel.

My intention is to make contact with a few people here who are interested in Krishnamurti and then take the conversation elsewhere. I'll make that clear in the OP.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Rick wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:02 pm Five, thanks for the link, I'll have a look.

I agree that a Krishnamurti enclave is probably not appropriate for Dharma Wheel.

My intention is to make contact with a few people here who are interested in Krishnamurti and then take the conversation elsewhere. I'll make that clear in the OP.
Have you searched the board for older threads about K? There have been several over the years. Some at DWT, too, although I'm not sure how visible they are these days.

:coffee:
Kim
Rick

Post by Rick »

Thanks, Kim, I'll give 'er a try. :-)
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

I was curious and found:
Search found 668 matches: Krishnamurti
At least the younger topics have not been removed. You can find them in the Lounge, Personal Experience and Open Dharma.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Ayu wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:01 pm I was curious and found:
Search found 668 matches: Krishnamurti
At least the younger topics have not been removed. You can find them in the Lounge, Personal Experience and Open Dharma.
:smile:
That's rather a lot to look at but will include multiple matches in any thread about him.
:thinking:
I would do a Google (or DuckDuckGo, which is better) search for site:https://www.dharmawheel.net/ Krishnamurti and instead of "any time", limit it to "past year". That should find all the recent threads.

:namaste:
Kim
prsvrnc

Post by prsvrnc »

I adore Krishnamurti! I'm a huge fan, and he has had a huge impact on my Buddhist studies and practice. I am probably quite a bit younger than you but definitely down to connect if that interests you.

Return to “Lounge”