What are your thoughts on DMT and the entities people claim to encounter?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
krodha

Re: What are your thoughts on DMT and the entities people claim to encounter?

Post by krodha »

dharmafootsteps wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:31 pm
krodha wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:32 pm I interacted with a mushroom spirit a few months ago, luckily she was kind and just wanted to share information. These spirits are definitely out there.
When taking mushrooms?
Yes.
Täpa

Post by Täpa »

Once, i smoked a low dose of pure DMT. It gave me a spacious feeling with colorful dots and lines filling the room. A couple of years later i had a somewhat stronger experience of the natural state than usual. The two main differences while on DMT was that my mind/body was feeling high and my mind not in rigpa but marigpa. But for the spacious and hallucinatory part it was very a like.
So i would say that DMT in low doses might trigger events which may give a taste of what thodgal practice feels and looks like, without the fundament of trekchod. But it does not bring your mind into rigpa, which is actually the thing it is about. Bringing your mind into rigpa cannot be forced by psychedelics in my opinion. I have read the book ayahuasca, it reported about a man who was convinced being in the same state buddha, jesus and other important historic figures spoke about. But after the trip ended he was not able to enter it without the drug. This resulted him being dependent taking the drug to think he was doing a spiritual practice without ever realizing the thing it is really about.
If you take drugs you get high, not enlightened.
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

Dzongsar Khyentse talking about his Ayahuasca experiences.

SilenceMonkey

Post by SilenceMonkey »

I listened this this interesting interview today with the author of "The Body Keeps the Score," Bessel Van Der Kolk. Among other alternative therapies, he talks about the benefits of MDMA in healing trauma and personal limitations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/24/opin ... -kolk.html
Tills ljuset tar oss

Post by Tills ljuset tar oss »

I had a LSD break through when i was 23. It was nice.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

SilenceMonkey wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:03 am I listened this this interesting interview today with the author of "The Body Keeps the Score," Bessel Van Der Kolk. Among other alternative therapies, he talks about the benefits of MDMA in healing trauma and personal limitations.

There is no doubt that these kinds of drugs, when used as MEDICINE, can be beneficial. It is when they are used for pure recreation, for example, in hot sweaty dance clubs, that things become more dicey, or as "therapy" by unscrupulous new agers who have no clue what they are doing:

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

SilenceMonkey wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:03 am I listened this this interesting interview today with the author of "The Body Keeps the Score," Bessel Van Der Kolk. Among other alternative therapies, he talks about the benefits of MDMA in healing trauma and personal limitations.

I don’t think anyone in relevant fields disputes that there is some compelling evidence for these substances with trauma treatment. That really has nothing to do with using them as recreational drugs though.

It’s the same thing with Marijuana. It has some therapeutic uses that are indisputable at this point. However, packing some potent frankenweed in a bong and ripping away, or blasting your brain with nearly pure THC via dabs have absolutely nothing to with those therapeutic uses. It may as well be a different substance.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Danny

Post by Danny »

Agree 100% with JD’s comments ... gotta get away from the “wake and bake” crowd... but therapeutics and research is the way to go if it can get over that crowd. Also cut out the Terrance Mc crowd ... there are no trip gurus... shaman ‘s etc ...
This is chemistry... not epistemology..
Danny

Post by Danny »

What I mean is if philosophy wants to get involved on the tail end.. as a means of therapy .. that’s fine but it should be defined as such ... a therapeutic aspect of the bio/chemical therapy ... not the precursor for suchness.

Drugs should not become a curiosity...
But solid concrete knowledge and applied in a scientific way.. with purpose and control.. like all pharmaceuticals.
Targeted... precise and scientifically defined.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Matt J wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:14 pm I’ve listened to a lot of these tales over the years, and while they seem profound to the person at the time, they seldom are to anyone else (unless the person happens to be a no kidding Tribal shaman). In that way, it seems like a karmic dream.

This series is pretty entertaining though:

Pretty crazy if it’s true that his friend met the same purple woman without having previously been told about her.
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

one tragic case
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Toenail wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:23 pm

one tragic case
He seems just fine now.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:51 pm
Toenail wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:23 pm

one tragic case
He seems just fine now.
Yeah, that was my thought as well. Anyone doing heavy duty psychedelics like DMT (or Ahyausaca) every "two hours" for an extended period could do some permanent damage, I suppose....and I have always believed that psychedelics can be contraindicated in people with tendencies toward schizophrenia, etc.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Natan

Post by Natan »

Toenail wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:18 pm Dzongsar Khyentse talking about his Ayahuasca experiences.

Brazil claims another victim. I'm scared of all these witches they have here. They are really powerful.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

This topic was being necroed. Please kindly start a new thread, if you want to continue this discussion.

Return to “Lounge”