Quitting Caffeine for 3 Months

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Aemilius

Quitting Caffeine for 3 Months

Post by Aemilius »

good video

svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Archie2009

Re: Quitting Caffeine for 3 Months

Post by Archie2009 »

I happen to have quit caffeine a couple of weeks ago. I was drinking ridiculous amounts of tea every day. This episode is high on my to watch list for podcasts.

Also by Michael Pollan from last week's Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/j ... to-give-up
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

I once quit all chemicals for a while. Caffeine, Cigarettes, Sugar, Salt, (And obviously any other drugs).

It's actually amazing the effect it has on your body.. The only way to describe it, is that you feel way lighter, healthier, more stable.

I wish I had the willpower to do this again. It was only for 1 month that I did this, but the effects of having no real chemicals in your system is amazing.

It's sort of funny that we do not typically see Sugar and Salt as drugs/chemicals.. If you take a good look; both of these substances are Crystalline Chemical Salts!

We are simply habituated to perceive these things as 'food' -- but they are in fact potent chemicals.
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Salt and sweet (i.e. sugar content) are two of the five basic tastes that we have in our taste buds

Five basic tastes https://newlywedsfoods.com/five-basic-tastes/
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)

Return to “Lounge”