Relaxation Apps...

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Queequeg
Former staff member

Relaxation Apps...

Post by Queequeg »

I open my eyes to see not a mountain and a lake, but a photo of them on my cracked iPhone screen, now riddled with notifications from email, Slack, several major news publications, iMessage, Signal, WhatsApp, and Twitter.
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ ... rk/619046/

Throw the phone out the window.

Jeez, these people. They do it to themselves. Choose a chaotic path and then reach for the fixes to cope.

Lol
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Relaxation Apps...

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Queequeg wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:29 pm
I open my eyes to see not a mountain and a lake, but a photo of them on my cracked iPhone screen, now riddled with notifications from email, Slack, several major news publications, iMessage, Signal, WhatsApp, and Twitter.
https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ ... rk/619046/

Throw the phone out the window.

Jeez, these people. They do it to themselves. Choose a chaotic path and then reach for the fixes to cope.

Lol
It's what they know. It's this ages version of horatio alger stories. "Success" of this sort is often actually poison, so no big surprise.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

I had a friend that says meditation makes you better, including being a better bank robber.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Hazel wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:07 pm I had a friend that says meditation makes you better, including being a better bank robber.
Well, being clear headed and focused will make you better at a lot of things.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Queequeg wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:16 pm
Hazel wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:07 pm I had a friend that says meditation makes you better, including being a better bank robber.
Well, being clear headed and focused will make you better at a lot of things.
That's the point I think they were trying to make. That meditation isn't inherently good, that it's the religious framework that was historically associated with meditation that led to actually good results. No intent or path and it's just another productivity app on your phone.

On the other hand, there are people I want to be productive who are not buddhist. I want my mom to be less anxious/depressed. If Calm did that, then I am happy. She's a kind person who I think would use that clear head and focus skillfully.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?

Return to “Lounge”