More UFOs

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Jesse

Re: More UFOs

Post by Jesse »

PeterC wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:50 am
Jesse wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:53 am Many in the tech community believe…
Silicon Valley technobabble. Also not really the issue here. making a computer that can do more things is very different from going beyond basic laws of physics. The suggestion that interstellar travel is even possible is nothing more than unfounded speculation. So the aliens can do something that insanely difficult, but get caught by a few guys on mopeds hurrying back to their ship? It’s all a bit silly.
Lol, well not everyone believes it. I do, but I can understand why people would be skeptical. But no I don't believe aliens are running around on the ground getting into mischief. Our understanding of the basic laws of physics change as our knowledge increases. For example there is a pretty cool experiment happening in china, at two separate facilities named Hard X-ray Free Electron Laser (XFEL), and Shanghai Superintense Ultrafast Laser Facility (SULF).

The experiment involves blasting apart empty space (Vacuum), and harvesting Virtual Particles. Since the phenomena isn't fully understood, at the current moment if the experiment allows them to pull energy (Particles), it sort of breaks the Second Law of Thermodynamics (Or appears to at first glance).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation
https://www.laserfocusworld.com/test-me ... -of-vacuum
https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2018/02/1 ... usion.html
The 100 Petawatt laser might be intense enough to break the vacuum to generate large amounts of antimatter and matter. It is the intensity (watts per square centimeter) of the laser which will break the vacuum.
I've been watching this for a few years, I'm sort of excited to see it it works, and also a bit terrified of it working. Large amounts of anti-matter + general human tendencies. :thinking:
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Danny

Post by Danny »

:coffee:

Not impressed by the so called physics at all.
Sure this is not just Chinese bragging about focused direct energy weapon development?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Danny wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:18 pm :coffee:

Sure this is not just Chinese bragging about focused direct energy weapon development?
Definitely Tesla coils, K?
Danny

Post by Danny »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:21 pm

Definitely Tesla coils, K?
I gotcha. Wink wink
Danny

Post by Danny »

So The NY Times is saying that the UFO report will come in two parts, one unclassified for public consumption, which is undetermined,
That most sober folks already could guess at, and the classified report which will be provided to congress.
So if we take the balance of it, and ask the question, the report for congress will basically be a whip around to divert tax payer money into private contractor “skunk works” black projects.

That’s basically all that’s going on. There’s nothing really to see here. It’s business as usual.
Jesse

Post by Jesse »

I get paid quite well thank you. :twothumbsup:
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Jesse wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:03 pm

I get paid quite well thank you. :twothumbsup:
Ok, good, most scientists don’t, but spend much of their time social networking and begging for grants.
But good to know that your doing well.
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

Thanks for bringing interesting info and ideas to the thread, Jesse.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

This is serious research. Whether it actually gives us anything that works or is remotely useful, who knows. I’m skeptical. But there’s a dozen or so research programs running in China on power generation related to this.

For directed energy weapons - google ‘Havana syndrome’, comrade. That is going to go down as one of the worst failures of us intelligence in decades.
Danny

Post by Danny »

PeterC wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:18 am

This is serious research. Whether it actually gives us anything that works or is remotely useful, who knows. I’m skeptical. But there’s a dozen or so research programs running in China on power generation related to this.

For directed energy weapons - google ‘Havana syndrome’, comrade. That is going to go down as one of the worst failures of us intelligence in decades.
Serious research hasn’t been done since the 1970’s.
Anything today under the umbrella of serious research is just variations on a theme from those times.
Throwing big money on these vanity projects, like yourself I remain skeptical.
The science of diminishing returns.
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

The way the article is written is very telling. It sells sensationalism while speaking truth between the lines. This line seems sufficient to illustrate the point.
He said that pilots who have witnessed what the government calls 'unidentified aerial phenomena' have speculated that they might be anything from a secret U.S. technology to an enemy spy plane.

Graves also conceded the aircraft could be something else entirely.
Conceded is a very influential word the use of which is not appropriate.

When I worked for Grumman Aerospace in the 80's the Cray super computer required a room it was so large. The processor in desktop computers was an Intel 8086. Grumman had condensed the Cray super computer to the size of a shoebox for military applications. When I entered classified and top secret facilities not even beeper was allowed because there was tech that could harvest computer data from ambient air waves. All computers were in specially designed cases that eliminated any wave leaks but still there was a potential for information theft through advanced technologies. This was the late 80's. Generally speaking government technologies are a couple decades ahead of mainstream technologies.
Danny

Post by Danny »

tkp67 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:01 pm The way the article is written is very telling. It sells sensationalism while speaking truth between the lines. This line seems sufficient to illustrate the point.
He said that pilots who have witnessed what the government calls 'unidentified aerial phenomena' have speculated that they might be anything from a secret U.S. technology to an enemy spy plane.

Graves also conceded the aircraft could be something else entirely.
Conceded is a very influential word the use of which is not appropriate.

When I worked for Grumman Aerospace in the 80's the Cray super computer required a room it was so large. The processor in desktop computers was an Intel 8086. Grumman had condensed the Cray super computer to the size of a shoebox for military applications. When I entered classified and top secret facilities not even beeper was allowed because there was tech that could harvest computer data from ambient air waves. All computers were in specially designed cases that eliminated any wave leaks but still there was a potential for information theft through advanced technologies. This was the late 80's. Generally speaking government technologies are a couple decades ahead of mainstream technologies.
Yep, Von Braun’s space plane designed in 1940’s Reich later became NASAs space shuttle in the 1980’s.
Funny old world eh?
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Von Braun, worked with Walt Disney:

https://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/h ... ticle.html

Von Braun also is said to have referred to JPL’s Jack Parsons as the “true father of the American space race”.

:spy:

And then there is Stanley Kubrick:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/23/arts ... image.html

“Space may be the final frontier, but it’s made in a Hollywood basement” (?) — The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Last edited by Sādhaka on Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

PeterC wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:18 am

Now that you mention it...my father was the first Cuban FBI agent (born and raised in Havana), he has his own personal experience with this directed energy technology, but like most everything, he won't talk about it or give a straight answer (in case there's any Russian agents reading this). His speciality is counterintelligence, he had top secret clearance. I've always tried to get him to reveal stuff, like who really killed JFK, etc. and I've asked him what he knows about the UFO thing, he just says that he's fascinated by them. I know the general Dharmawheel attitude is, "big deal," but just had to share since you mention the Havana Syndrome. :smile:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TharpaChodron wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:45 pm like who really killed JFK, etc.
Ted Cruz's dad??? :rolling:
Danny

Post by Danny »

Sādhaka wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:46 pm Von Braun, worked with Walt Disney:

Von Braun also is said to have referred to JPL’s Jack Parsons as the “true father of the American space race”.

“Space may be the final frontier, but it’s made in a Hollywood basement” (?) — The Red Hot Chili Peppers
Jack Parsons has a Ron Hubbard / Crowley connection.
If you’d like that rabbit hole.
A lotta kinky stuff.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Danny wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:17 pm Jack Parsons has a Ron Hubbard / Crowley connection.

Hi Danny,

Oh I’m aware of that.

I just didn’t want to get too deep into the rabbit hole all at once.
:stirthepot: :jedi:
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Danny wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:17 pm
Sādhaka wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:46 pm Von Braun, worked with Walt Disney:

Jack Parsons has a Ron Hubbard / Crowley connection.
A lotta kinky stuff.
Yes, and there is a CBS show on Parson's with a somewhat silly presentation of the OTO in LA in the 1940's.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Danny wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:17 pmA lotta kinky stuff.

Yea the O.T.O. people are into some weird stuff, and it’s not clear to me when the really weird stuff was introduced to the O.T.O.; that is if it was with Reuss later on, some years after the founding of the O.T.O., or if it was with the advent of Crowley.

Of course that’s off-topic, and not an rabbit hole really even worth getting into.
Last edited by Sādhaka on Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sādhaka wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:59 pm
Danny wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:17 pmA lotta kinky stuff.

Yea the O.T.O. people are into some weird stuff, and it’s not clear to me when the really weird stuff was introduced to the O.T.O.; that is if it was with Reuss later on, some years after the founding of the O.T.O., or if it was with the advent of Crowley.
The Ecclesiastic Mass was largely Crowley's version, completely with his novel interpretation of the "holy grail" and Parzifal's "lance."

Return to “Lounge”