More UFOs

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Danny

Re: More UFOs

Post by Danny »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:13 pm
Sādhaka wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:59 pm
Danny wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:17 pmA lotta kinky stuff.

Yea the O.T.O. people are into some weird stuff, and it’s not clear to me when the really weird stuff was introduced to the O.T.O.; that is if it was with Reuss later on, some years after the founding of the O.T.O., or if it was with the advent of Crowley.
The Ecclesiastic Mass was largely Crowley's version, completely with his novel interpretation of the "holy grail" and Parzifal's "lance."
Lol is that code malc?
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Right, Malcolm; as Crowley eventually ended up pretty much taking over the O.T.O.

The entire phenomenon is complicated and one with much infighting.

The only ones I have much respect for—that is regarding who I’m aware of—out of all that mess, are Rudolf Steiner, Arnold Krumm-Heller, Franz Hartmann; and maybe Kellner.

Reuss is an interesting figure, and seemingly considered to be the founder, by many; but I haven’t delved into all of it in an very detailed way.

There’s a website that maps out most of it, but I’m not sure how unbiased it is; and I’ve probably wasted too much precious time skipping around it, as interesting an topic as it seems.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sādhaka wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:43 pm
The only ones I have much respect for—that is regarding who I’m aware of—out of all that mess, are Rudolf Steiner, Arnold Krumm-Heller, Franz Hartmann; and maybe Kellner.
Team Crowley here.
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

Really though, I think it’s better to be on neither team at the end of the day; wouldn’t you say?

To quote an old post of yours:

Malcolm wrote:Who needs anything other than the stainless teaching of the Buddha and Garab Dorje? The rest is all just a distraction.

Studying Crowley led me to Dharma. But I don't spend much time at all thinking about or referencing Crowley and Thelema and so on. For me, it is obsolete. Likewise, the whole western esoteric tradition with its Qabala, godforms, masonic roots, tarot and so on is obsolete for me. Once I gave myself to the Dharma, these things just became irrelevant.

Your time would be better spent on getting a handle on the five major and minor sciences, the study of Abhidharma and so on. At least this is directly connected with the teachings.
Last edited by Sādhaka on Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sādhaka wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:57 pm Really though, I think it’s better to be on neither team at the end of the day; wouldn’t you say?
In terms of preference, I find those German and Austrian guys humorless and stuffy. I enjoyed reading Crowley much more, though reading some of Steiner's biodynamic methods are hoot. I still find Crowley entertaining, and more grounded in terms of yoga and Buddhist meditation than those other fellows. But of course, Thelema is a path long abandoned.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Malcolm what do you make of Crowleys “alien” Lama.
I admit that the conversation about UFO’s and aliens.. Parsons and company etc, an interesting web of all trying to connect with something outside of day to day reality quite interesting. The fact that from its inception the space program has occultism in its symbolism sigils, seals etc.
Even 2001 “star child” and an ape named “moon watcher”
The movie even opens with a planetary solar, lunar eclipse and alignment. Very occult.

Wondering if we’re not being subjected too the wishes and prayers of a generation of folks trying to create a lunar/ star Tulpa into reality.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Danny wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:55 pm Malcolm what do you make of Crowleys “alien” Lama.
Too much heroin, taken to deal with his chronic and disabling asthma issue.
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:17 pm
TharpaChodron wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:45 pm like who really killed JFK, etc.
Ted Cruz's dad??? :rolling:
Don’t mention that name, ese, don’t you know I’m loco?
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

UN hidden camera: the first UFO contact happened, Pentagon Pyramid

svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

svaha
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

Aemilius wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:05 am UN hidden camera: the first UFO contact happened, Pentagon Pyramid

Aemilius, do you ever fact check your sources?

https://www.storypick.com/un-pentagon-ufo-video-hoax/

plus Aliya Prokofyeva is a nobody. Why would she be announcing this to the UN?

And as for Juncker, what is more likely, that he just mentioned off-hand how he's been talking to extra-terrestrial leaders in the course of his speech to the whole EU Parliament or he simply misspoke and meant that he spoke with many other leaders from this planet (rather than other planets)?

Sometimes I wonder if we do live on the same planet though...
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Dan74 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:28 pm
Aemilius wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:05 am UN hidden camera: the first UFO contact happened, Pentagon Pyramid

Aemilius, do you ever fact check your sources?

https://www.storypick.com/un-pentagon-ufo-video-hoax/

plus Aliya Prokofyeva is a nobody. Why would she be announcing this to the UN?

And as for Juncker, what is more likely, that he just mentioned off-hand how he's been talking to extra-terrestrial leaders in the course of his speech to the whole EU Parliament or he simply misspoke and meant that he spoke with many other leaders from this planet (rather than other planets)?

Sometimes I wonder if we do live on the same planet though...
Guess what, this is nothing new. The stakes are so high, that anything can happen and will happen, so that no one has to change their views of reality. I have come to the conclusion that reality is very flexible; let's say that an event A takes place, but then the vast majority will not accept it. It will then be "explained", the event A will be erased and a new event B will be put in its place.
This is also the cause why the new reality (of aliens & ufos) is behind a curtain or a system of initiation, i.e. clearance and utter secrecy.
As I said before with the help of the story of Asanga and bodhisattva Maitreya, where most people saw nothing at all, when Asanga showed Maitreya to everybody in the town where he lived. Same with regard the ufo and alien thing.

There are always people who look similar, so that you can find some "Aliya Prokofyeva", if you need to explain away something. I don't doubt that explanations can always be found to dissolve all possible events that have actually happened.
I was not there in UN myself, so I cannot say what I would have seen there, if it happened, which I think is still possible. This explanation has not yet resolved this issue for me, because I know what kind of things have happened in the past, and why they are happening, i.e. that most people will not want to change their views. And that an enormous amount of work has been done to eradicate these unpleasant or disturbing events and the experiences of them in the minds of certain individuals.
svaha
Giovanni

Post by Giovanni »

Aemilius. Do you think that the existence of aliens can help relieve dukkha for any sentient being ?
If so how?
If not why does it matter?
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Aemilius wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:03 pm … anything can happen and will happen, so that no one has to change their views of reality. I have come to the conclusion that reality is very flexible; let's say that an event A takes place, but then the vast majority will not accept it. It will then be "explained", the event A will be erased and a new event B will be put in its place.
I think we need a new term for this view of the world - a view in which absolutely nothing has meaning, everything is simultaneously true, false and everything in between, and fact-based discussion is the ultimate waste of time as there are no such things as facts. Ontological nihilism? Abnegatory subjectivity? Freedom from facts?
This is also the cause why the new reality (of aliens & ufos) is behind a curtain or a system of initiation, i.e. clearance and utter secrecy.
Ok then Agent Q, take us behind the curtain. Who initiated you? What clearance do you hold? We won’t tell anyone, you can trust us because we’re strangers on the internet, just as we can trust you.
As I said before with the help of the story of Asanga and bodhisattva Maitreya, where most people saw nothing at all, when Asanga showed Maitreya to everybody in the town where he lived. Same with regard the ufo and alien thing.
Ok, joking aside, you’re citing that story as proof for aliens?
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

PeterC wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:26 pm
Aemilius wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:03 pm … anything can happen and will happen, so that no one has to change their views of reality. I have come to the conclusion that reality is very flexible; let's say that an event A takes place, but then the vast majority will not accept it. It will then be "explained", the event A will be erased and a new event B will be put in its place.
I think we need a new term for this view of the world - a view in which absolutely nothing has meaning, everything is simultaneously true, false and everything in between, and fact-based discussion is the ultimate waste of time as there are no such things as facts. Ontological nihilism? Abnegatory subjectivity? Freedom from facts?
Ok then Agent Q, take us behind the curtain. Who initiated you? What clearance do you hold? We won’t tell anyone, you can trust us because we’re strangers on the internet, just as we can trust you.
I think the current term for this is Post-Truth. Your ex Commander-in-Chief was a great proponent of this, especially in that interview, in which when faced with the facts that ran contrary to his assertions, he said, well, a lot of people believe differently, do you know which I am talking about it, Peter?

I think we have largely lived in personal belief-systems for a long time, but now, as the authority of the experts is undermined like never before, it is beginning to really loom large (and scary).
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Giovanni wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:02 pm Aemilius. Do you think that the existence of aliens can help relieve dukkha for any sentient being ?
If so how?
It seems to matter. It matters like the arrival of europeans mattered to the australian aboriginals. They did continue with their own traditions, or they tried to do that. We are already in a period of transition where we have met the E.T., which is explained in Philip Corso's Day After Roswell and other books.
Last edited by Aemilius on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
svaha
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

It is not proof of aliens. But there are some things that I regard as proofs, like this NATO Meets E.T. by Robert O. Dean https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/soci ... ound02.htm
svaha
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Aemilius wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:36 am
Aemilius wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:03 pm As I said before with the help of the story of Asanga and bodhisattva Maitreya, where most people saw nothing at all, when Asanga showed Maitreya to everybody in the town where he lived. Same with regard the ufo and alien thing.
It is not proof of aliens. But there are some things that I regard as proofs, like this NATO Meets E.T. by Robert O. Dean https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/soci ... ound02.htm
You regard something unverifiable and riddled with inconsistencies, conjecture and absurdities as proof? "Cosmic Top Secret Clearance"? Accounts from the Roman times? Aliens chatting to Danish farmers over a cup of tea, inviting Italian aviators to go for a spin? Every cliche in the book, including the crashed flying saucer that's harvested for engine technology and the autopsy on the grey aliens? Have you even checked to see if the people quoted here exist or are remotely credible?
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

Aemilius wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:31 am
Giovanni wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:02 pm Aemilius. Do you think that the existence of aliens can help relieve dukkha for any sentient being ?
If so how?
It seems to matter. It matters like the arrival of europeans mattered to the australian aboriginals. They did continue with their own traditions, or they tried to do that. We are already in a period of transition where we have met the E.T., which is explained in Philip Corso's Day After Roswell and other books.
Why do you accept this story?

The Flatearthists believe Australia doesn't exist. They have conferences and people with seemingly normal intelligence. Check out Behind the Curve doco.

As you say, no one has to change their views on reality. Then a conversation becomes like an exchange of long yarns by fishermen. "And one day, in Atlantis, I caught one thaaaat big! It had three heads. That was 2500 years ago." Everybody gasps respectfully.

I try to learn something from a conversation. About the matter being discussed preferably. I already know that people tend to talk and act stupidly. And I have found some piece in dealing with that, thankfully. Otherwise I couldn't continue as a teacher, for one. :)

The point is that there is smoke and there are facts. And yes, sometimes facts are hard to unearth, but what you tend to adduce as evidence is just garbage. Sorry. Not even the sort of stuff where one thinks, "not, sure, maybe it's worth digging further..."

On the aliens, I have no idea. There are all these strange sightings by the military. Hell, a few miles from where I used to live, a flying saucer apparently flew over a school in broad daylight and dozens of people saw it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westall_UFO
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... w-UFO.html

So I am open. What gets me is when people readily believe garbage.
FiveSkandhas

Post by FiveSkandhas »

While it's highly likely -- almost a statistical certainty -- that extraterrestrial life exists, due to the vastness of the universe, that same vastness makes it highly unlikely we have been or would be "visited."

What I find far more likely is that our governments would potentially try to make people believe there had been extraterrestrial contact, for any number of nefarious reasons
"One should cultivate contemplation in one’s foibles. The foibles are like fish, and contemplation is like fishing hooks. If there are no fish, then the fishing hooks have no use. The bigger the fish is, the better the result we will get. As long as the fishing hooks keep at it, all foibles will eventually be contained and controlled at will." -Zhiyi

"Just be kind." -Atisha

Return to “Lounge”