More UFOs

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Malcolm

Re: More UFOs

Post by Malcolm »

Lucas Oliveira wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:20 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:40 pm
I would place this in the downright lie category. It is easy to testify about something for which there is no evidence.
They are all high-ranking military men, people with important positions in the government.
Donald Trump was the president of the United States. 30k lies plus in four years. So, sorry, but being in a government service does not equate with being honest.

But you can believe whatever crazy shit you like.
Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

Malcolm wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:24 pm
Lucas Oliveira wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:20 pm
Malcolm wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:40 pm
I would place this in the downright lie category. It is easy to testify about something for which there is no evidence.
They are all high-ranking military men, people with important positions in the government.
Donald Trump was the president of the United States. 30k lies plus in four years. So, sorry, but being in a government service does not equate with being honest.
he is on trial for that

he is not military

and he also has no proof of what he says
But you can believe whatever crazy shit you like.
this is not belief

are Official Evidence

:namaste:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. https://translate.google.com.br/

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Lucas Oliveira wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:27 pm
are Official Evidence
No, it isn't.
Damchö_Dorje

Post by Damchö_Dorje »

One thing that I find uncanny about UFOs is that they become more special because they happen to be flying. From the footage that's available, part of our fascination is the incongruous motion of these objects. Yet where is speculation about flightless U-Os, if they are in fact real? I just think it's culturally interesting that UFOs are marked by collective fascination because they're in flight.
Last edited by Damchö_Dorje on Sat May 29, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

Post by Danny »

My own observation was this school bus sized black rectangle with a soft white light up front and a soft white light at the back, moved so slowly and silently, that it should have stalled out and dropped out of the sky, 100 feet up behind my neighbors tree line. It never emerged the other side.
Cool but so what at the end of the day.
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

Danny wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:14 pm My own observation was this school bus sized black rectangle with a soft white light up front and a soft white light at the back, moved so slowly and silently, that it should have stalled out and dropped out of the sky, 100 feet up behind my neighbors tree line. It never emerged the other side.
Cool but so what at the end of the day.
Cool story bro. J/k that is cool.

I have my own little story. I think it could have maybe been a Stealth bomber, but frankly I have always wondered. My friend and I were hiking with her dog whose name happens to be Yoda, and it was a very cloudy day up in the hills around Griffith Park, LA. We were up near the top when it got very quiet and a black thing came through the clouds extremely low and went over our heads silently with no sound,then it passed through the clouds and disappeared. We weren’t high on drugs or anything. It could have been a stealth bomber on a practice mission, but it wasn’t like anything I’ve seen before (said with a dumb hick accent).
Shotenzenjin

Post by Shotenzenjin »

I have seen things I can't explain well cc ant explain enough to make sense

I was in Niagara a small town a stone toss from the falls. Twilight. Me and a friend both saw spheres flying low then fast then chase eachother then disappear it just nothing like a helicopter or plane or anything one would think they were balls. Spheres.in the sky hoovering then moving erratic. Havnt seen anything like it since.

Super secret Canadian mil machines or......

I dunno
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

PeterC wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:40 am
Danny wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:13 pm The only credible ufo report I’m interested in, is the Ariel school sighting and encounters of over 100 school children in Africa back in the 90’s. A Harvard professor investigated that.
That will definitely give you goosebumps. After having my own unexplained sighting in 2019, (same object a day later was sighted in California- I’m on east coast) which was so compelling that I officially made a report, other than that I’m open minded about the whole thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruwa

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E._Mack

Remember now this is 1994, internet and cell phones had not been rolled out yet... those kids were not lying...
A remote village in Zimbabwe.

Fascinating stuff.

Do your own research.
As usual, the story makes no sense. Entities vastly more technologically capable come to visit us. They decide they want to make contact with us. So they choose a school in Zimbabwe?

It seems that all our visitors are Schrodinger's Aliens - simultaneously extremely advanced and slightly dumb at the same time.
Just playing Devil’s advocate, but hasn’t the same argument been made regarding Tibetans and Buddhism, an isolated and “primitive” people being the progenitors of the most advanced teachings in the world? I’m not saying this story is actually legit, but discrediting it based upon the demographics of the storytellers seems unfair.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Before dismissing the Ariel school 3rd encounter, I’ll leave it up to others to look at it objectively..
Fascinating... it’s not easily dismissed.
Cannot wish this one away.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

TharpaChodron wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:59 pm

As usual, the story makes no sense. Entities vastly more technologically capable come to visit us. They decide they want to make contact with us. So they choose a school in Zimbabwe?

It seems that all our visitors are Schrodinger's Aliens - simultaneously extremely advanced and slightly dumb at the same time.
Just playing Devil’s advocate, but hasn’t the same argument been made regarding Tibetans and Buddhism, an isolated and “primitive” people being the progenitors of the most advanced teachings in the world? I’m not saying this story is actually legit, but discrediting it based upon the demographics of the storytellers seems unfair.
Well - you could argue that that’s why so much importance is placed on India as a source. Even the Tibetans didn’t rate themselves.

More seriously, the dharma, the means to achieve liberation, is accessible to all irrespective of intelligence. Advanced in this context does not have to mean difficult to understand or difficult to practice.

But the gap between us and any species capable of navigating interstellar space is far greater than the gap between Tibetans two thousand years ago and modern man. Perhaps that’s the right answer here. The gap in intelligence between us and them will be orders of magnitude greater than the gap between us and a colony of ants. So perhaps the aliens turn up, and realize this is all a bit of a waste of time, and just decide to do the equivalent of throwing sticks at animals in a zoo, because all life on earth is just so far beneath them that it’s really not worth bothering taking seriously.
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

PeterC wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:53 am
TharpaChodron wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:59 pm

Well - you could argue that that’s why so much importance is placed on India as a source. Even the Tibetans didn’t rate themselves.

More seriously, the dharma, the means to achieve liberation, is accessible to all irrespective of intelligence. Advanced in this context does not have to mean difficult to understand or difficult to practice.

But the gap between us and any species capable of navigating interstellar space is far greater than the gap between Tibetans two thousand years ago and modern man. Perhaps that’s the right answer here. The gap in intelligence between us and them will be orders of magnitude greater than the gap between us and a colony of ants. So perhaps the aliens turn up, and realize this is all a bit of a waste of time, and just decide to do the equivalent of throwing sticks at animals in a zoo, because all life on earth is just so far beneath them that it’s really not worth bothering taking seriously.
We can agree that it's all conjecture at this point. I'm slightly skeptical, but open minded. If we can believe that there are beings who embody wisdom and compassion such that they work towards the enlightenment of all sentient beings, I don't see why other intelligent beings in the universe might not be like-minded. But that's enough hypothesizing from me and beating a dead horse, cheers. :)
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

TharpaChodron wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:09 am
We can agree that it's all conjecture at this point. I'm slightly skeptical, but open minded. If we can believe that there are beings who embody wisdom and compassion such that they work towards the enlightenment of all sentient beings, I don't see why other intelligent beings in the universe might not be like-minded. But that's enough hypothesizing from me and beating a dead horse, cheers. :)
It is conjecture, but it’s fun to conjecture. The problem comes when we try to assign motivations to the aliens. We speculate that they might want to enslave us, mine the planet, educate us, preserve the environment - but frankly we have no idea. Their intelligence could be so far beyond ours that we simply have no way of grasping their objectives - or their cultural frame of reference could be so different that their values make no sense to us at all. It’s a bit like putting yourself in the position of an ant trying to understand humans. Even very basic stuff like eating might be incomprehensible due to the scale of the operations involved. But when you get to more complex social activities, it would be utterly beyond the ants comprehension. How would an ant understand conceptual art? How would they understand the large hadron collider? Vaccine manufacturing?

We think, implicitly, that there’s some dividing line for intelligence, and above that an entity can understand anything if they have sufficient time and information. We think that most adult humans are above that line, so if there are aliens out there, if we know enough about them then we can understand what they want. But I’m not sure there is such a line. A young child can’t understand modern physics. Most adults can’t understand modern physics, for that matter. Why should we expect that we would ever be able to understand what an alien intelligence would want?
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

PeterC wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:22 am
TharpaChodron wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:09 am
It is conjecture, but it’s fun to conjecture. The problem comes when we try to assign motivations to the aliens. We speculate that they might want to enslave us, mine the planet, educate us, preserve the environment - but frankly we have no idea. Their intelligence could be so far beyond ours that we simply have no way of grasping their objectives - or their cultural frame of reference could be so different that their values make no sense to us at all. It’s a bit like putting yourself in the position of an ant trying to understand humans. Even very basic stuff like eating might be incomprehensible due to the scale of the operations involved. But when you get to more complex social activities, it would be utterly beyond the ants comprehension. How would an ant understand conceptual art? How would they understand the large hadron collider? Vaccine manufacturing?

We think, implicitly, that there’s some dividing line for intelligence, and above that an entity can understand anything if they have sufficient time and information. We think that most adult humans are above that line, so if there are aliens out there, if we know enough about them then we can understand what they want. But I’m not sure there is such a line. A young child can’t understand modern physics. Most adults can’t understand modern physics, for that matter. Why should we expect that we would ever be able to understand what an alien intelligence would want?
True, we have no real idea of the capabilities, existence or intentions of possible “aliens.” We only have our limited capacity for reasoning, a myopic world view and human consciousness. Everything you said is correct. That said, intellectual curiosity can be stymied by the outlook that we can never really know anything beyond our own microcosm - a philosophical dead-end where inquiry is pointless. As silly as it is, I’d rather live in a world where we send out gold discs across the universe hoping for something.

Btw I’m writing this while sitting at Jack London’s old bar/haunt in Oakland. :cheers:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

If the 14 alleged ships that were investigating the Omaha are really aliens it is a little puzzling why they tipped their hand and showed that they are here, unless of course we had already detected them and they knew about it. If it was a foreign military, I doubt they would tip their hand like that either, unless our government already knew that they had those capabilities. If it is aliens, their somewhat aggressive maneuver is either reconnaissance (which they didn't bother hiding since we already knew of their presence) or a test to see what our reaction would be. If it is a test, it is hardly a diplomatic gesture, so let's hope it was just a little recon on our littoral class ships. Either way it is not a good sign.

Edit: looking at an article I see that this happened back in 2019 and was just leaked in 2021.

I also see that 9 of our others ships were also investigated by them around that time.

What is interesting is that these events involving various US ships were all within a 100 mile radius of each other, and that one of the ufo's purportedly made a controlled descent into the water not far from the Omaha. So it appears we may have gotten a little too close to their aquatic home and they decided to let us know it's time to back the f*** off.

Virgo
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

I wouldn't reason out military technology appearing to be alien as military tech is more advanced than consumer tech.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

tkp67 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:57 am I wouldn't reason out military technology appearing to be alien as military tech is more advanced than consumer tech.
Not very likely given how advanced it is.

Virgo
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

TharpaChodron wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:41 pm
True, we have no real idea of the capabilities, existence or intentions of possible “aliens.” We only have our limited capacity for reasoning, a myopic world view and human consciousness. Everything you said is correct. That said, intellectual curiosity can be stymied by the outlook that we can never really know anything beyond our own microcosm - a philosophical dead-end where inquiry is pointless. As silly as it is, I’d rather live in a world where we send out gold discs across the universe hoping for something.

Btw I’m writing this while sitting at Jack London’s old bar/haunt in Oakland. :cheers:
Have you read The Three-Body Problem? It's long but I think you'd like it
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

I don't intend to be rude, but the discussion is like some one had heard that something called Buddhism possibly exists, but no one has read any sutras.
The canonical or half canonical literature of Ufo lore is vast unimaginably vast.

svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Aemilius wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:00 am I don't intend to be rude, but the discussion is like some one had heard that something called Buddhism possibly exists, but no one has read any sutras.
The canonical or half canonical literature of Ufo lore is vast unimaginably vast.
I fear you're only just scratching the surface. The truth is out there!

Danny

Post by Danny »

I fear you're only just scratching the surface. The truth is out there!

Paradoxically the truth is unprovable.

Return to “Lounge”