Merry Xmas from Melania Trump

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
DNS
Site Admin

Merry Xmas from Melania Trump

Post by DNS »

PeterC

Re: Merry Xmas from Melania Trump

Post by PeterC »

In her defense, at least she's honest, unlike her husband.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

PeterC wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:50 am In her defense, at least she's honest, unlike her husband.
Trump too would seem honest if we had some of his leaked phone calls,as deplorable as that would be.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

amanitamusc wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:16 am
PeterC wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:50 am In her defense, at least she's honest, unlike her husband.
Trump too would seem honest if we had some of his leaked phone calls,as deplorable as that would be.
Even in public, like Krusty the clown he has a bad habit of saying the quiet part out loud. Like when he said if we had universal mail-in voting then we’d never get republican presidents elected.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

:rolling:
PeterC wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:54 am
amanitamusc wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:16 am
Even in public, like Krusty the clown he has a bad habit of saying the quiet part out loud. Like when he said if we had universal mail-in voting then we’d never get republican presidents elected.
:rolling:
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Christmas is annoying and exhausting for many people.
Is this something one shouldn't admit in the US?
I read a novel by John Grisham about a family that tried to leave out Christmas that year. They were facing manifold social difficulties.
Very funny.
For the benefit and ease of all sentient beings. :heart:
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Ayu wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:27 am Christmas is annoying and exhausting for many people.
Is this something one shouldn't admit in the US?
I read a novel by John Grisham about a family that tried to leave out Christmas that year. They were facing manifold social difficulties.
Very funny.
No, the reason it's an issue is because all these conservatives here, especially fundamentalist Christians (a big part of Trump's base) claim there's a "war on Christmas" by the left. If I recall right, one of Trumps many incredibly dumb promises to this constituency was to "bring back Christmas". So, it's just illustrating how fake the Trumps are...but that, I think was never in question anyway.

I am actually somewhat sympathetic to Melania..
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Yes, somehow I like her, too. Her face is always so telling. I enjoy that. A perfect First Lady whose face tells honestly about the true emotional situation. :D
But I wouldn't vote for her either.
For the benefit and ease of all sentient beings. :heart:
Genjo Conan

Post by Genjo Conan »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:04 am
I am actually somewhat sympathetic to Melania..
While I understand and share her aversion to performative yuletide cheer, I'm not sure she comes across as terribly sympathetic in this case:
“I say that I’m working on Christmas and planning for the Christmas and they said, ‘Oh, what about the children that they were separated?’ Give me a f------ break.”
“The kids, they say, ‘Wow I will have my own bed? I will sleep on the bed? I will have a cabinet for my clothes?’ It’s so sad to hear it, but they didn’t have that in their own countries, they sleep on the floor,” she said. “They are taken care of nicely there. But you know, yeah, they are not with parents, it’s sad. But when they come here alone or with coyotes or illegally, you know, you need to do something.”
“I’m driving liberals crazy, that’s for sure,” Trump said. “They deserve it.”
I have some acquaintances who leaned hard into the Free Melania meme, but I've always assumed that the simplest explanation for her behavior was most likely to be correct: that she understood and at least tacitly agreed with her husband's policies.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

The rumor is she refused to move to DC right away after the election because she was renegotiating her prenup. ("I signed up to be your smiling trophy, not a f**cking political pinata. I need better compensation for this shit. And we're still not having sex.")

She's just another immigrant striver who took advantage of her skills and assets and scored a big payday in New York. She doesn't want to be doing any of this. She wants to be back in NY being mom to her insurance policy, I mean, son, enjoying the socialite calendar, jet setting around the world, and making public appearances with Donald from time to time to keep up appearances. Being First Lady is such a drag for her. She didn't sign up for that scrutiny.
Those who, even with distracted minds,
Entered a stupa compound
And chanted but once, “Namo Buddhaya!”
Have certainly attained the path of the buddhas.

-Lotus Sutra, Upaya Chapter

純一実相。実相外。更無別法。法性寂然名止。寂而常渉照名観。
There is only reality; there is nothing separate from reality. The naturally tranquil nature of dharmas is shamatha. The abiding luminosity of tranquility is vipashyana.

-From Guanding's Introduction to Zhiyi's Great Shamatha and Vipashyana
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

I'm sympathetic because she's to be married to Trump. Whatever else is true, that ish can't be easy.
"...if you think about how many hours, months and years of your life you've spent looking at things, being fascinated by things that have now passed away, then how wonderful to spend even five minutes looking into the nature of your own mind."

-James Low
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

Malignant Malania's more likely to be familiar with Krampus .......... maybe 'KRAMPUS for POTUS' would work.......... ;)
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)

Return to “Lounge”