Myers-Briggs personality test

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
qwerty13

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Post by qwerty13 »

These test sometimes have questions that are posed in a too restrictive way, or are not really good questions. But still, these are sometimes fun to do.
Result: INFJ
Who should we turn to for refuge? We should seek refuge in the Buddha. He is the one we weep before
-H.H. 14th Dalai Lama
ovi

Post by ovi »

I used to score as INFP, but now most of the time it's ENFJ.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

ovi wrote:I used to score as INFP, but now most of the time it's ENFJ.
Aaaah, finally another E ! :twothumbsup:
We are the tiny minority in here.
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

OK, another one...

ENFP (only borderline E though).
Bakmoon

Post by Bakmoon »

I'm INTP. I don't really think these kinds of test can really model a person's personality. Personality is about so much more than just four different either/or dichotomies.
Concordiadiscordi

Post by Concordiadiscordi »

qwerty13 wrote:These test sometimes have questions that are posed in a too restrictive way, or are not really good questions. But still, these are sometimes fun to do.
I agree.

Questionnaires typically fail to accomodate the excluded middle.
"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen."
- Tommy Smothers
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Concordiadiscordi wrote:
qwerty13 wrote:These test sometimes have questions that are posed in a too restrictive way, or are not really good questions. But still, these are sometimes fun to do.
I agree.

Questionnaires typically fail to accomodate the excluded middle.
As I pointed out earlier, the Myers-Briggs test does place people on a spectrum - four spectra, in fact - so your comment does not really apply to it. We are really dumbing it down when we summarise the results with just four letters, because doing so hides our position on the spectrum. Two people might both be (e.g.) INFJ but one might be near the middle of the scale on all four measures and the other might be so far out on the I and N scales that they can hardly function in society.

:coffee:
Kim
odysseus

Post by odysseus »

I believe I did this questionnaire on the internet some years ago. But it´s not meaningful to me, because such personalities will change during daily life.

In Buddhism, we have six types of persons. But our classification is used to provide fitting meditation methods, not to settle your soul into a statistic register.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art46926.asp
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Kim O'Hara wrote:INFJ but one might be near the middle of the scale on all four measures and the other might be so far out on the I and N scales that they can hardly function in society.
I'm far out on both of those scales, but neither impact my ability to function in society. To be honest, the further I can get from S the better!

Maitri,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,
Kim O'Hara wrote:INFJ but one might be near the middle of the scale on all four measures and the other might be so far out on the I and N scales that they can hardly function in society.
I'm far out on both of those scales, but neither impact my ability to function in society. To be honest, the further I can get from S the better!

Maitri,
Retro. :)
I'm glad you're happy where you are on the scale, but perhaps you're not quite so far out as the extremes I had in mind. :rolleye:
I guess I will find out soon IRL - lunch still looks possible this week. :stirthepot: :pig:

:namaste:
Kim
Abhaya

Post by Abhaya »

Fairly consistently INTJ since the age of 13, with a rare appearance of F every once in a blue moon.
DespreTine

Post by DespreTine »

INTP

Borderline on I/E and P/J, "definite" NT. More "I" than "E" and more "P" than "J."
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི
sattva

Post by sattva »

Ayu wrote:
ovi wrote:I used to score as INFP, but now most of the time it's ENFJ.
Aaaah, finally another E ! :twothumbsup:
We are the tiny minority in here.
I am an ENFP. I took the test over 20 years ago and had the same result. I like the way this test attempts to show you how strong a characteristic is. Thus, the 19% Extrovert that I got shows that I am not extremely extroverted. By the way, in a book I read many years ago on this topic it said that one of the ways you can tell if you are an extrovert or not is if you have to talk aloud to work through problems. Extraverts do, introverts don't. The rambling and muttering an extrovert sometimes does is the way he/she works through something.

The strongest characteristic I have is that of feeling and perhaps that shows an area that I could use balance in, perhaps by doing more upekkha (equanimity) meditation. Anyway, it's a thought. Like others here, I had for role "Diplomat".
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

sattva wrote:... By the way, in a book I read many years ago on this topic it said that one of the ways you can tell if you are an extrovert or not is if you have to talk aloud to work through problems. Extraverts do, introverts don't. ...
Another clue (I don't know how reliable it is) is that extraverts are energised by spending time with other people while introverts are drained or depleted by doing so and normally 'recharge' by spending time alone.

:namaste:
Kim
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Kim O'Hara wrote:
sattva wrote:... By the way, in a book I read many years ago on this topic it said that one of the ways you can tell if you are an extrovert or not is if you have to talk aloud to work through problems. Extraverts do, introverts don't. ...
Another clue (I don't know how reliable it is) is that extraverts are energised by spending time with other people while introverts are drained or depleted by doing so and normally 'recharge' by spending time alone.
:thinking: But this must relate strongly to the kind of people you have to deal with.
It must be some kind of interaction though.
I think, when I was living in the flat share with some obtruders, I would have received an "I" on this test.
maybay

Post by maybay »

I've found the Keirsey Temperament Sorter fleshes these energies out more thoroughly. Easier to relate to anthropomorthic archetypes. Kindof like how Indian devas rule every planet, constellation, asterism.

INTJ = Mastermind. :stirthepot:
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron
KRB80

Post by KRB80 »

I used to test as INTP but now test as an INFJ which I think I always was but repressed my Fe due to certain life events.
We live in illusion and the appearance of things. There is a reality. We are that reality. When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all. - Kalu Rinpoche
Bristollad

Post by Bristollad »

yet another Mediator - INFP-A but with only Introvert being held strongly - all the rest are within a few points of 50%
Last edited by Bristollad on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The antidote—to be free from the suffering of samsara—you need to be free from delusion and karma; you need to be free from ignorance, the root of samsara. So you need to meditate on emptiness. That is what you need. Lama Zopa Rinpoche
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

ISFJ-A
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

ISFJ-A
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ

Return to “Lounge”