Kyabje Dzogchen Pema Kalsang Rinpoche

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
KonchokZoepa

Kyabje Dzogchen Pema Kalsang Rinpoche

Post by KonchokZoepa »

I just started reading probly his only book that has been translated to english, its called the illusion of life and death.

and the reason i write this topic or thread is that i am stunned and amazed to the short biography in the beginning of his book.

it is absolutely amazing and most inspiring and full of awe and wonder from my part reading such an extraordinary story of a lama.

im sure this is a great book, if you can find the bio online you should read it but im sure that this book will benefit beings greatly also.

blessings
If the thought of demons
Never rises in your mind,
You need not fear the demon hosts around you.
It is most important to tame your mind within....

In so far as the Ultimate, or the true nature of being is concerned,
there are neither buddhas or demons.
He who frees himself from fear and hope, evil and virtue,
will realize the insubstantial and groundless nature of confusion.
Samsara will then appear as the mahamudra itself….

-Milarepa

OMMANIPADMEHUNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls6P9tOYmdo
hypa3000

Re: Kyabje Dzogchen Pema Kalsang Rinpoche

Post by hypa3000 »

Came across the book you mentioned and wanted to find more about Kyabje Dzogchen Pema Kalsang Rinpoche on the web and came across this post.

Kyabje Dzogchen Pema Kalsang Rinpoche has a few more books now in English, since your post, and they are currently on sale on Kindle on Amazon UK / USA

Amazon UK:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?i=digital-te ... r_ebooks_1

Current UK (GBP) sale prices below

The Dzogchen Path
by Dzogchen Pema Kalsang Rinpoche and Christian A Stewart | Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l. | 12 Jun 2020
Kindle Edition
£3.98

Illusion of Life and Death
by Dzogchen Pema Kalsang Rinpoche and Christian A Stewart | Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l. | 10 Jun 2020
Kindle Edition
£3.13

Songs of Dzogchen Trekcho: A detailed commentary on Shabkar's Flight of the Garuda
by Dzogchen Pema Kalsang Rinpoche and Christian A Stewart | Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l. | 11 Jun 2020
Kindle Edition
£3.96

Introduction to the Nature of Mind
by Dzogchen Pema Kalsang Rinpoche and Christian A Stewart | Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l. | 11 Jun 2020
Kindle Edition
£2.37

Still can't find much on the internet about Kyabje Dzogchen Pema Kalsang Rinpoche, also are there two Dzogchen Monastery's?

One in Tibet
http://www.dzogchen-monastery.org/html/visiting.html

one in South India
http://www.dzogchen.org.in/
"Clarity, non-thought and non-distraction - These three are the meditation in brief."
- Milarepa
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Has anyone received teachings from him?

May be worth moving this thread to the Dzogchen subforum
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

PeterC wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:36 am Has anyone received teachings from him?

According to Tulku Dakpa, this master is the preeminent Dzogcheb master in Tibet at the present moment.
Charlie123

Post by Charlie123 »

A while back, while wasting time on YouTube, I stumbled upon some videos of this lama giving teachings to huge crowds in incredibly scenic places in Tibet. Pretty interesting to watch if anyone has a few minutes to spare. Like something out of a Buddhist fantasy book.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:54 am
PeterC wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:36 am Has anyone received teachings from him?

According to Tulku Dakpa, this master is the preeminent Dzogcheb master in Tibet at the present moment.
I was in Dege county a couple of times in the early 2000s and considered going there but for various reasons never did. Wish I had known that then...
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Does anyone have information about Christian A Stewart ?
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

amanitamusc wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:37 pm Does anyone have information about Christian A. Stewart?
I am also curious. Nothing seems to be immediately accessible on a Google or DuckDuckGo search.

The books, however, are very fine. I have Introduction to the Nature of Mind and Songs of Dzogchen Trekcho: A detailed commentary on Shabkar's Flight of the Garuda in paperback.
florin

Post by florin »

Archie2009 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:07 pm
amanitamusc wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:37 pm Does anyone have information about Christian A. Stewart?
I am also curious. Nothing seems to be immediately accessible on a Google or DuckDuckGo search.

The books, however, are very fine. I have Introduction to the Nature of Mind and Songs of Dzogchen Trekcho: A detailed commentary on Shabkar's Flight of the Garuda in paperback.
There is a UK group that follow this teacher but they don’t appear to have much of an online presence.
I know of a couple of people who contacted this group to ask about some claims that an important western translator made at some point with regards to having received permission from the monastery and Pema Kelsang to teach dzogchen in the west.

Return to “Lounge”