Books / Publishing

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Svalaksana

Books / Publishing

Post by Svalaksana »

I've been looking for a thread or section concerning the acquisition of Buddhist works, books and other literary publications, but I could not find it, only came across the book review section.

My intention was to create a thread that would be dedicated this, as a way for people to share publishing houses, book shops or sites to order books, with the possibility of users to ask where one could find a specific publication, if there's a translation, customer feedback, etc.

For example, I find that Motilal Banarsidass Publishing House has an impressive catalogue of Buddhist-themed books, many of which are unfortunately sold out or out of print. It would be helpful to know of alternative (and reliable) sources for getting such kinds of books shipped to Europe in my case, other than Amazon or eBay. Book Depository comes to mind for example, but then again, many books in there are out of stock as well and taken to be out of print in many cases.

Is this something that would be okay to create and where would its placemente be most convenient within the Forum?
Looking but not seeing - that's my eye.
Thinking but not minding - that's my mind.
Speaking but not expressing - that's my tongue.
Traveling but not going - that's my path.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Books / Publishing

Post by Ayu »

Sounds like a good idea to make a sticky topic in the book reviews subforum. Just start a thread there and create a clear subjectline and a clear describtion in the OP what that thread should be about.
Svalaksana

Post by Svalaksana »

Cool beans, will get to that right away. As I'm not a native English speaker, let me know if the subject line and description in the OP are fine, and I'll change it if not.
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Please note Books / Publications / Translations - Where to Find or Buy? has been pinned in the top section of the Book Reviews sub forum.
Svalaksana

Post by Svalaksana »

Nice, thank you Rose.

Return to “Suggestion Box”