Weird chrome access to site

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Minobu

Weird chrome access to site

Post by Minobu »

In chrome all I get is this Ingz amazon thing to fix the site. Zero access. I’m on safari and it works.
Minobu

Re: Weird chrome access to site

Post by Minobu »

Minobu wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:26 pm In chrome all I get is this Ingz amazon thing to fix the site. Zero access. I’m on safari and it works.
NGINX
FiveSkandhas

Post by FiveSkandhas »

Minobu wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:26 pm
Minobu wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:26 pm In chrome all I get is this Ingz amazon thing to fix the site. Zero access. I’m on safari and it works.
NGINX
I had that problem too but I cleared my cache/cookies/browsing history and could access through chrome again. Had to re-sign-in of course.
"One should cultivate contemplation in one’s foibles. The foibles are like fish, and contemplation is like fishing hooks. If there are no fish, then the fishing hooks have no use. The bigger the fish is, the better the result we will get. As long as the fishing hooks keep at it, all foibles will eventually be contained and controlled at will." -Zhiyi

"Just be kind." -Atisha
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Sometimes it seems to me Chrome leads a battle against other browsers. For me this is only a good reason to avoid Chrome. But I'm forced to use it for facebook, Instagram and zoom on my mobile.

In Firefox you can choose to delete cookies with every logging off. Facebook really dislikes that. :tongue:
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

thanks all...it worked ...erase history and voila...took a couple of times though...

weirdness...
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Chrome is a Google product and Google wants to own your whole life (so does Microsoft, of course, and so does Apple, of course).
:jedi:

That's enough reasons for me to use Firefox.

:coffee:
Kim
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

May the force be with you, Kim O'Hara.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Ayu wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:39 pm May the force be with you, Kim O'Hara.
:thanks:
and with you, Ayu.

:smile:
Kim
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

I run on Vivaldi, which runs on Chromium and it started happening again. Despite me having deleted history 2 or 3 days ago. Is there something that can be done? While it is a blessing when it comes to developing patience it hinders my presence here... which might also be a blessing. :D
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Shotenzenjin

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:47 pm I run on Vivaldi, which runs on Chromium and it started happening again. Despite me having deleted history 2 or 3 days ago. Is there something that can be done? While it is a blessing when it comes to developing patience it hinders my presence here... which might also be a blessing. :D
It happened to me yesterday. Clear and delete the cache as well as history worked for me
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9

Return to “Suggestion Box”