Opting out.

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
YesheD.

Opting out.

Post by YesheD. »

I am posting this here because I don’t know where else it fits, if at all.
Is it possible to opt out of receiving updates concerning specific traditions?
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Opting out.

Post by Ayu »

I think, this is a suggestion box or technical question. I moved it here.

You are receiving updates concerning traditions? I think, I do not really understand. Do you mean to technically ignore certain subforums? (The board doesn't have that option.)
Or do you get unwanted notifications? You can change the settings and board preferences in your user panel - above in the right.
YesheD.

Post by YesheD. »

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant was there an option to opt out of certain sub forums.
Clearly the answer is no. So it will have be good old fashioned not clicking on the debates in certain forums.
Thank you.
Last edited by YesheD. on Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GDPR_Anonymized001

Post by GDPR_Anonymized001 »

YesheD. wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:11 pm Sorry, I was unclear. I meant was there an option to opt out of certain sub forums.
Clearly the answer is no. So it will have be good old fashioned not clicking on the debates in certain forums.
Thank you.
This is a feature I would love to see. The "Unread Posts" feature isn't as helpful when it's two pages of posts in subfora I've little interest in. I wish phpbb would add this feature.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Yes. Sometimes there is a need to ignore certain topics rather than certain people.
But I manage to ignore without any technical assistance. :smile:
I even think, that's my main activity on discussion forums: getting an overview and filter out irrelevant information.

Return to “Suggestion Box”