Dealing with political fragmentation

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
tobes

Re: Dealing with political fragmentation

Post by tobes »

Queequeg wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:14 am If you notice this happening and it is derailing the discussion, flag it so that mods can take a look and clean up if necessary.
That's the sensible solution. But as mentioned earlier, I don't see this as any kind of major issue - more like something to bring awareness into, as a community.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

tobes wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:05 amYes, you are missing something. Please read my whole quote carefully. This is a good expression of the nature of the problem - too much haste in internet land, not enough listening. I wrote: I think this is also true of groups.
I am asking a question. If you do not want to expand on your explanation, we cannot really continue the discussion. Seems you are being just as guilty of haste. ;)
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Natan

Post by Natan »

views for and against are exactly the cause of samsara says buddha
tobes

Post by tobes »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:52 am
tobes wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:05 amYes, you are missing something. Please read my whole quote carefully. This is a good expression of the nature of the problem - too much haste in internet land, not enough listening. I wrote: I think this is also true of groups.
I am asking a question. If you do not want to expand on your explanation, we cannot really continue the discussion. Seems you are being just as guilty of haste. ;)
Did you read it? I wrote: "If an actual person is an object of attack, then this would probably be an instance of using the bat. As a few of us did a few weeks ago when someone started a thread with the sole purpose of besmirching you. I think this is also true of groups. When something needs to be defended, it should be defended."

Does this not answer your question? i.e. isn't it perfectly clear that if a minority group is being attacked in some harmful way, then yes, for sure they ought to be defended.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

tobes wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:49 pm
Grigoris wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:52 am
Did you read it? I wrote: "If an actual person is an object of attack, then this would probably be an instance of using the bat. As a few of us did a few weeks ago when someone started a thread with the sole purpose of besmirching you. I think this is also true of groups. When something needs to be defended, it should be defended."

Does this not answer your question? i.e. isn't it perfectly clear that if a minority group is being attacked in some harmful way, then yes, for sure they ought to be defended.
Can you please give an example of when we should "let it go?
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
tobes

Post by tobes »

Grigoris wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:11 pm
tobes wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:49 pm
Grigoris wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:52 am I am asking a question. If you do not want to expand on your explanation, we cannot really continue the discussion. Seems you are being just as guilty of haste. ;)

Can you please give an example of when we should "let it go?
I leave quite a lot, but I suppose you can never see me do it!

But, I speak up too, where necessary.

I'm getting the sense that no one else really senses any issue here, so I think it is time to conclude that this is just tobes' little suggestion to himself....
tobes

Post by tobes »

For the non-cricketing folk - leaving well:

What Grigoris is worried about/getting it wrong:

Return to “Suggestion Box”