"releasing" messages

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
tingdzin

"releasing" messages

Post by tingdzin »

How do I "release" messages stored because of lack of space in my files? I have made space.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: "releasing" messages

Post by Ayu »

tingdzin wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:59 pm How do I "release" messages stored because of lack of space in my files? I have made space.
You can either create a new folder (under "Rules, folders and settings" in the menu) or you can delete single posts or page-wise.
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

There must be more to it than that, because I made space in my folders, but no new PMs are appearing. Pardon my tech illiteracy.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

tingdzin wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 pm There must be more to it than that, because I made space in my folders, but no new PMs are appearing. Pardon my tech illiteracy.
I think, the new folders are only for storing, if there isn't any feature in the settings to lead new pm's into a new folder. I'm not sure.

So, you have to empty the inbox. Shift old pm's to other folders or delete them. There is a limit fot messages. I delete folders with old messages from time to time. It's always a bit time consuming.
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

Ayu wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:20 pm You can either create a new folder (under "Rules, folders and settings" in the menu)
Sorry. I can't find such a menu. Apologies again.
tingdzin

Post by tingdzin »

OK, I have a new PM that I was able to open. don't know how it worked, but I'm content with the result.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

tingdzin wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:14 pm
Ayu wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:20 pm You can either create a new folder (under "Rules, folders and settings" in the menu)
Sorry. I can't find such a menu. Apologies again.
No worries. I've been there so oftenly not finding things on a board. 8-)

In the pm folder you see this, don't you?

This darker blue block with 9 parts... The lowest darker blue line is called "Rules, folders and settings" - if you click on it another realm opens and you'll be the king of your settings. :twothumbsup:

Return to “Suggestion Box”