Answering via private message

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
PadmaVonSamba

Answering via private message

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Hello.
I can’t figure out how to reply to posts where the only way to reply is via private message
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Answering via private message

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:05 pm Hello.
I can’t figure out how to reply to posts where the only way to reply is via private message
The easiest way is just to use the "quote" function then paste it into a new message I think.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

If it’s in “Tantra Talk” forum where you can’t reply, click on the poster’s name. Then PM him.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Under the poster's name must be a button that looks like a blue envelope. It's left and called private message. Not email.
Mantrik
Former staff member

Post by Mantrik »

1. Click on the 'Contact' speech bubble (with dots in it) under the poster's name.

2. Click on the dark blue symbol which pops up on the far left, next to the envelope .
(The dark blue plain one is 'message' and the envelope is 'email'.)

3. When you click on the 'message' button the message page will display and the body of the message will include the post itself. So no need to copy and paste anything, as the post content is already there.

This is true when you want to message someone about any post they make. If you click from within that particular post, it will be quoted in the message automatically.

N.B. Occasionally, members disable the 'message' function in which case you can't message them.
http://www.khyung.com ཁྲོཾ

Om Thathpurushaya Vidhmahe
Suvarna Pakshaya Dheemahe
Thanno Garuda Prachodayath

Micchāmi Dukkaḍaṃ (मिच्छामि दुक्कडम्)
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Mantrik wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:01 am 1. Click on the 'Contact' speech bubble (with dots in it) under the poster's name.

2. Click on the dark blue symbol which pops up on the far left, next to the envelope .
(The dark blue plain one is 'message' and the envelope is 'email'.)

3. When you click on the 'message' button the message page will display and the body of the message will include the post itself. So no need to copy and paste anything, as the post content is already there.

This is true when you want to message someone about any post they make. If you click from within that particular post, it will be quoted in the message automatically.

N.B. Occasionally, members disable the 'message' function in which case you can't message them.
:good:
It's so difficult to describe things you do daily without thinking about it anymore.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Got it! Thanks!
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.

Return to “Suggestion Box”