Suzuki's translation of the Kyōgyōshinshō

Zhen Li

Suzuki's translation of the Kyōgyōshinshō

Post by Zhen Li »

Does anyone have access to a PDF of Suzuki's translation of the Kyōgyōshinshō. The hardcopy book is quite expensive.
humble.student

Re: Suzuki's translation of the Kyōgyōshinshō

Post by humble.student »

Zhen Li wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:14 pm Does anyone have access to a PDF of Suzuki's translation of the Kyōgyōshinshō. The hardcopy book is quite expensive.
I don't think there was a digital edition. The Inagaki translation is online, courtesy of the BDK, but I'm sure you knew that.
Zhen Li

Post by Zhen Li »

humble.student wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:49 pm
Zhen Li wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:14 pm Does anyone have access to a PDF of Suzuki's translation of the Kyōgyōshinshō. The hardcopy book is quite expensive.
I don't think there was a digital edition. The Inagaki translation is online, courtesy of the BDK, but I'm sure you knew that.
Yes. Generally, I like the Shin Buddhism Translation Series version. I was just curious to see the Suzuki one in order to compare. I heard it is incomplete but not sure in what parts.
humble.student

Post by humble.student »

If you want, I may be able to take some pictures of a few pages, if you tell me what you'd like to see or compare.
Zhen Li

Post by Zhen Li »

humble.student wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:43 am If you want, I may be able to take some pictures of a few pages, if you tell me what you'd like to see or compare.
Thanks, I should have mentioned but dzogchungpa pointed out that you can do a library "borrow" from Internet Archive for free for one day. I was going to thank him but it seems that his account can't receive messages.
https://archive.org/details/kyogyoshinshocol0000shin

I've only gone through a few parts. He has a few more critical comments and apparati that I did not find with the other editions, which tend just to have notes of clarification. It is incomplete however.
humble.student

Post by humble.student »

Zhen Li wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:51 pm
humble.student wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:43 am If you want, I may be able to take some pictures of a few pages, if you tell me what you'd like to see or compare.
Thanks, I should have mentioned but dzogchungpa pointed out that you can do a library "borrow" from Internet Archive for free for one day. I was going to thank him but it seems that his account can't receive messages.
https://archive.org/details/kyogyoshinshocol0000shin

I've only gone through a few parts. He has a few more critical comments and apparati that I did not find with the other editions, which tend just to have notes of clarification. It is incomplete however.
Thanks for the update. With those encrypted books on the Internet Archive, it's usually 2 weeks free reading if you have an account (free).

Return to “Jodo Shin Shu”