Nichiren shu enshrinement ceremony

Minobu

Nichiren shu enshrinement ceremony

Post by Minobu »

so i found this on you tube...and like the whole time they are chanting NAMU MyoHo RenGe Kyo ..

why?

it is actually quite hard to chant this way...lol
Minobu

Re: Nichiren shu enshrinement ceremony

Post by Minobu »

So i forgot to put in...why are they chanting like this ?
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

That's how its chanted in Nichiren Shu.

Are you asking nicely or just stirring the pot?
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Queequeg wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:05 am That's how its chanted in Nichiren Shu.

well like this is all news to me...i thought only that one illarazza does chanted like that...
so like they always chant like this...or just in certain ceremonies.

seriously i did not know...
it's like the worst ...my OCD is going to wreck havoc on me...

so do they ever just chant the Daimoku...

the reverend from Nichiren shu who did this funeral in Brampton ...i am pretty sure he chanted nam and not like namu all the time...
KiwiNFLFan

Post by KiwiNFLFan »

Thanks for sharing! Lovely butsudan they have there!

Is the priest replacing the old Gohonzon with a new one?
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Minobu wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:29 am
Queequeg wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:05 am That's how its chanted in Nichiren Shu.

well like this is all news to me...i thought only that one illarazza does chanted like that...

the reverend from Nichiren shu who did this funeral in Brampton ...i am pretty sure he chanted nam and not like namu all the time...
Generally, in Nichiren Shu, they chant, "Namu" not "Nam". It may sound at times like they drop the "u". That said, Fuji school lineages in Nichiren Shu also chant "Nam". The "Nam" is a Fuji school thing. Fuji school are the lineages that trace back to Nikko. Its really not a big deal unless people make it a big deal. Another silly issue to assert "I'm the best!" over, IMHO. More samsaric ego nonsense.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Queequeg wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:15 pm
Minobu wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:29 am

Generally, in Nichiren Shu, they chant, "Namu" not "Nam". It may sound at times like they drop the "u". That said, Fuji school lineages in Nichiren Shu also chant "Nam". The "Nam" is a Fuji school thing. Fuji school are the lineages that trace back to Nikko. Its really not a big deal unless people make it a big deal. Another silly issue to assert "I'm the best!" over, IMHO. More samsaric ego nonsense.
Well just goes to show you all this time and had no idea.

There is a Tibetan tale about a guy who this Lama could see a Green Tara hovering over him. So when asked he told the lama how he chants. The Lama goes no no you got it wrong you pronounce it like this.
Next time they meet the Lama asks what’s wrong did you stop chanting and he says No. And thank you for correcting me.

Thing is once the guy got hung up and worried all about the pronunciation. Tara vanished
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

:good:

Return to “Nichiren Shu”