Nichiren Shu Gongyo prayer

Minobu

Nichiren Shu Gongyo prayer

Post by Minobu »

Prayer
We respectfully dedicate all our merits now gathered to the Great Benevolent Teacher, Shakyamuni, the Eternal Buddha; to the Supreme Teaching, the Lotus Sutra; to the Leader of the Declining Latter Age of the Dharma, our founder, the Great Bodhisattva Nichiren Shonin; and to the benevolent forces of the universe who protect the Dharma!

May the Wonderful Dharma spread throughout the Ten Thousand Years of the Declining Latter Age of the Dharma!

May we realize this world is the Eternal Buddha's Pure Land!

May all beings under the heavens and within the four seas live in accordance with the Wonderful Dharma!

May peace permeate all the world and all beings enjoy peace and happiness!

May all beings live in safety and live long without misfortune!

May this peace and happiness last forever and all beings prosper! We pray that all beings awaken to the true nature of reality which is the Buddha Dharma!

May all beings of all realms be helped equally, overcome suffering, and gain the happiness of blissful liberation through the merits of following the teaching of the Lotus Sutra!

We pray for our ancestors, deceased relatives, and for all those who have passed away [especially for_________________]!

May we purify our minds, limit our desires, learn to be content, feel free to experience the quiet unassuming joys of life, and learn to abandon all attachments formed in the mind!

With this prayer, we endeavor to increase our understanding and appreciation of what others have given and contributed to us, and to develop constant, mindful consideration of how our thoughts and actions will beneficially contribute to others!
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Re: Nichiren Shu Gongyo prayer

Post by narhwal90 »

:thumbsup: but where'd you find it? I ran thru my Shodaigyo book , some of the prayers touched on similar topics but that concise list was not present...
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

LINK REMOVED

I searched hard for this ...it comes from some spanish guy..i think...

i requested this on here already..in a thread...and after some time got this...
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

i think it is from Reverend Ryui's ...a version he created and put up on the coffeehouse site...
it's down now...He did a lot of great things.
markatex

Post by markatex »

I’m not sure if Rev. Ryuei wrote it, but he might have. The North American temples, at least, have been using it for a long time. The shodaigyo prayer is a little different, and there are some other variations. Sometimes I’ll shorten it at home.

Return to “Nichiren Shu”