Is Nichiren Shu the most traditional of all the Nichiren sects?

markatex

Re: Is Nichiren Shu the most traditional of all the Nichiren sects?

Post by markatex »

Fortyeightvows wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 am
markatex wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:21 am my reidan (Nichiren Shu divination practice)
Please please please please tell me a little bit about this. :bow: :thanks:
I don’t know a great deal about it just yet. It’s partly a repentance practice that includes elements of the Hokke Senbo. Another aspect is the teaching from the Avatamsaka Sutra that each person has two protective deities, one with the same name as the individual, and one with the same birthday.

I haven’t gotten into the divination part yet, but I believe the basis for it is in the teachings about the Storehouse Consciousness.
Virgo

Re: Is Nichiren Shu the most traditional of all the Nichiren sects?

Post by Virgo »

Fortyeightvows wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 am
markatex wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:21 am my reidan (Nichiren Shu divination practice)
Please please please please tell me a little bit about this. :bow: :thanks:
Although it is not a divination practice there are many kuji's specific to Nichiren traditions given in The Dark Side of Japan; Ancient Black Magic, Folklore, Ritual by Antony Cummins and an interesting spell that does not allow intruders to leave a premises once it is properly cast on the exits that is said to have been given by Nichiren Shonin himself to the Hakone Gangon Shrine.

It involves carving a brush of Muku wood on a yang metal Monkey day and using it to inscribe the characters of the spell on the premises.

Kevin...

Return to “Nichiren Shu”