personal meeting with Sensei Ikeda

Minobu

personal meeting with Sensei Ikeda

Post by Minobu »

Have you ever had a one on one with Daisaku Ikeda?

I have...once and half in person and once whilst in a lucid dream doing Toban at the KaiKan.

First was one day i awoke but was still dreaming .
It was at the Culture Centre and I was on a sleep over guard duty they called Toban.

so i had this dream where i saw this huge , really huge scotch pine evergreen tree.

His voice, I knew it was him, said to look closely and all the leaves turned into cities and then looking at it slightly "tilted" it changed back to tree leaves..evergreen leaves..then back tilted and saw the gazillion dwellings/cities.

then i woke up and when i walked into the office and looked out the early morning window i ...totally awake now by the way....i saw an old man muttering to himself and stumbling walking ...more of an old man shuffle...amongst Autumn leaves....i heard his voice in english but i really knew it was Sensei Ikeda say "Thats why you are doing this practice"

ok for years i never figured out the tree dream...but the whole other...i thought it was like i practice for that old guy...but now i'm an old guy i realize he was telling a 20 year old guy that i could very easy become that muttering ole man..

then when President Ikeda came to Canada we were all standing outside some place like a hotel or something...anyway this huge crowd of lined up people made a long line for him to walk by...As he came near i called out "Sensei" ...then again as he came right in front and as he passed i shouted again "Sensei!" and he full stop , turned around and said something in my ear...a young japanese girl came up all smiles ...out of nowhere it seemed....and said "Sensei says to study hard ."

then a couple days later we had this event in summer at a ski resort in Ontario close to Toronto...really good food , nice entertainment and Sensei was sitting on the hill with all of us watching the show.....

so this the half...

i decided to go up and just chat with him...lol....so as I walked up the hill we all were siting on i started to cough uncontrollably...like hacking up huge phlegm balls...so i turned around and went back down and it stopped...i thought at the time it had something to do with the nice piece of Hashish in my pocket...and he was not amused...or knew somehow...but it was weird how like for no reason other then getting close to him i started to cough...the closer i got the worse it got, moment decided to go back...totally stopped...too weird...
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Re: personal meeting with Sensei Ikeda

Post by narhwal90 »

I met Mr Williams in the old NSA days- he was in the community center for several days of meetings, my toban shift was on one of them. We had all spent a few days before sharpening the place up so things were on-point- he thanked us and looked pleased as he left so I think things had gone well.

More recently I had the occasion to drive a member back to her hotel, she had been young women's division back then and had been involved in a number of the big meetings, we had a great time reminiscing; once she and a bunch of her group had been detailed to clean up goose poop around the facility where Mr Ikeda was staying. I never got goose-poop duty but I had my share of community center lawn care, maintenance and shoveling snow :)

I always thought the oft-heard response of "these will be golden memories" to people grouching about the nasty work was corny, but its funny how often it is the case. The value might not be in the shoveling of poop, but in the fellowship.
Minobu

Re: personal meeting with Sensei Ikeda

Post by Minobu »

Mr Williams came to Toronto once..
I had him sign my Gosho Reference . recall that burgundy jacketed first edition ...

so he signed it ..
Hope, Courage and Confidence.

I'll never forget how it all happened.
He was wearing this blue velvet suit...i mean how many people can make that come off .. He did !!!
So i ask him if he would sign it and he brought me into the office and sat down...made a production of it..really made the moment special...
so as he read it back to me he goes " Hope ,Courage ...and then he looks to me and says with one finger pointing to the sky with a swoop motion.. "And the confidence "

He was a larger than life figure. what a stage presence...and i mean that in the best of all intentions.

He inspired ...

but you know all the guidance that Mrs Izumi gave me still persists when i slack off or have problems continuing the practice.
she was the head of Canada put there by Sensei.

she took me mum and ashes to Japan on tozan...She had her stay with her the whole way...she stayed in some gazzilionaire's home in tokyo..lush gardens , fish swimming in a pond in his back yard ...backyard LOL...hardly...HA !..

She balked at the woman servants who wanted to bathe her...lol...

ahh yes fond memories...

Return to “Soka Gakkai/SGI”