New “White Lotus” Gohonzon for SGI?

dharmapdx

New “White Lotus” Gohonzon for SGI?

Post by dharmapdx »

Is there any truth to this rumor that SGI will issue a new Gohonzon in 2020? Anyone know?
Attachments
BF03D19F-F7E5-4478-B962-C3F41701B413.jpeg
BF03D19F-F7E5-4478-B962-C3F41701B413.jpeg (84.21 KiB) Viewed 6482 times
tkp67

Re: New “White Lotus” Gohonzon for SGI?

Post by tkp67 »

All disciples and believers of Nichiren should chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo with one mind (itai doshin), transcending all differences among themselves13 to become as inseparable as fish and the water in which they swim. This spiritual bond is the basis for the universal transmission of the ultimate law of life and death. Herein lies the true goal of Nichiren's propagation. When you are so united, even the great hope for kosen-rufu can be fulfilled without fail. But if any of Nichiren's disciples should disrupt the unity of itai doshin, he will destroy his own castle from within.
---> http://nichiren.info/gosho/HeritageUltimateLawLife.htm

Heritage of the Ultimate Law of Life
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

I've not heard anything recently, but a copy of an original Nichiren gohonzon would be pretty neat. Probably would not replace mine... I wonder if this would lead to a eventual replacement of the large Joju gohonzons in the community centers- I've always liked that size, lots of scope for artistry there.
illarraza

Post by illarraza »

narhwal90 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:39 pm I've not heard anything recently, but a copy of an original Nichiren gohonzon would be pretty neat. Probably would not replace mine... I wonder if this would lead to a eventual replacement of the large Joju gohonzons in the community centers- I've always liked that size, lots of scope for artistry there.
Hi narhwal. If you don't replace your Gohonzon, you will be a pariah. Have you seen any SGI members with Nikken Gohonzons? Before the split, the Nikken Gohonzons were praised to the hilt. Try a Nichiren Gohonzon and compare the response with the Nichikan Gohonzon. Some disciples and believers had more than one Gohonzon.

Mark
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

Don'y know Z, for my money changing gohonzons is a lot like seeking it outside myself. I spent a while looking through the gohonzon-shu, printed a few of them that I really liked, but all told I left the prints in my butsudan file box- I have a lot of history with my current gohonzon.. it works fine. The members I know would probably suggest I upgrade but not get worked up if I dont. SGI is just not that aggressive.

OTOH if I'm really attracted to the new design then maybe so.. who can say.
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

narhwal90 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:35 pm for my money changing gohonzons is a lot like seeking it outside myself. .
My own thoughts are such.

You are right on to always question if you are looking for this Gohonzon outside yourself....as indicated by Nichiren Shonin..

But what is it ??? He was referring to.

The whole Gohonzon...like the gods and the various sentients mentioned in Sumi Ink...

I think it is really your Buddha Nature , Which is in all things...or Something that was imbued in all sentients With Original Enlightenment...

but as for Brahma and Indra Etc. I can see Their reason for being , and what They are in this existence /non existence , affecting everything and giving life , and maintaining life as we know it, to this Samsara ..And eventually they die and new gods are born to continue Samsaric existence... but seeking them out ...hmmmmm....

So basically i think Myoho Renge Kyo is what we long to realize is inside us and not something outside us...maybe not really what is on the whole gohonzon..just Myoho Renge Kyo

actually everything is in everything and part of everything in every single moment...on some enlightened level of understanding...

but "We The Defiled" must never seek this " Original Enlightenment " outside ourselves for we won't develop, as Buddha intended us to do so.

note to readers...i know it's a mish mash and a work in progress this Minobu is.....
dude

Post by dude »

what can twenty dollars buy today?

Return to “Soka Gakkai/SGI”