To whom should I pray to for money and wealth and how?

If you're new to the forum or new to Buddhism, this is the best place for your questions. Responses require moderator approval before they are visible.
Padmist

Re: To whom should I pray to for money and wealth and how?

Post by Padmist »

pemachophel wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:55 pm No, puja means a ceremony. Divination means to reveal something not otherwise known. Sometimes puja is used in divination, sometimes not. In Tibetan Buddhism, there are many different forms of divination. Mala, dice, and mirror divinations are some of the most common. Some people are born with a karmic proclivity or talent for divination. However, in Tibetan Buddhism, such a proclivity is developed and augmented by doing certain practices. For instance, in Ju Mipham's Manjushri dice divination, one needs to say at least one million A-ra-pa-sa-na-di's. that's just the ante.
Thanks. I think I got one from Padma Rigdzin Ling in Las Vegas. They ask me quick questions via email. Then someone replied to me that the lama did divination and recommended Green Tara practice.

Did I do this right? How much typically is a donation that is suggested/common for this?
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

I would say not less than $25. More than $100 probably not necessary. It all depends on how you value it.

If one asks for and then gets a divination, it is important to do what the divination says. The answer is not coming from Lama Jigme Rinpoche. It's coming from whatever Deity Lama Jigme Rinpoche accesses when doing the divination. So it's important not to "shop around" for an answer you like or fail to do what the divination said because you did not like or agree with the answer. Just FYI.

Good luck & best wishes.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

A very good hint. Thank you, pemachopel.
Inedible

Post by Inedible »

ratna wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:36 pm The great Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok advised to pray to Kshitigarbha for this purpose:
Thank you. I have followed up by doing some additional reading. A statue will be arriving from Amazon at the end of the month. In addition to having more resources, there are blessings to be able to retain the Dharma better when I study texts.
megaman chiquito

Post by megaman chiquito »

I reccomend tithing to the poor and charities also. I started tithing when i was making low wages and now im much better, every time i gave a chunk to charities I become richer.
i think karma acts very fast when it comes to money issues.
Riju

Post by Riju »

Creative activities which benefit others more than they harm is the fastest way to become rich. I have experienced this again and again in my present long life.
This process creates fastest positive karmas in your account and pay back is fast and huge.
megaman chiquito

Post by megaman chiquito »

I'll ask a related question here since it doesnt merit its own thread: Are there prayers for fame? Personally id rather be well-known and influential than rich. Not in the prideful way,but id like to be recognized in public and for my words to carry some weight( of course I could use this to preach values and charity and many would take note)
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Regardless of which deity you petition, what is more important is what you do with money once you acquire it, and generally speaking, anonymous generosity without attachment is the best type. The quickest method is to just give cash. $10s and $20s if possible. Put them into a plain brown envelope and send to:
Padma Von Samba
PO BOX….
:jumping: :rolling:
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
illarraza

Post by illarraza »

Riju wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:26 pm Creative activities which benefit others more than they harm is the fastest way to become rich. I have experienced this again and again in my present long life.
This process creates fastest positive karmas in your account and pay back is fast and huge.
If only this were true dear Riju. I see the opposite, while the billionaires play with their toy rockets, the world burns. The wealthiest doctors who I have known, in general, are the most corrupt. Embracing the Lotus Sutra, indeed, we are rich, rich with the Treasures of the Heart, as was Nichiren.

Mark
Riju

Post by Riju »

illarraza wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:20 am
Riju wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:26 pm Creative activities which benefit others more than they harm is the fastest way to become rich. I have experienced this again and again in my present long life.
If only this were true dear Riju. I see the opposite, while the billionaires play with their toy rockets, the world burns. The wealthiest doctors who I have known, in general, are the most corrupt. Embracing the Lotus Sutra, indeed, we are rich, rich with the Treasures of the Heart, as was Nichiren.

Mark
In our karmic world justice is heavily delayed. Sometime justice comes after a few births. The accumulation of karmas has created 5 lokas (hell, heaven etc.) . Believe me when I say that Lotus sutra brought down by Guatam Buddha will soon be abolishing these 5 lokas and we will witness justice happening in this birth for everyone. Wait.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Padmist wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:53 pm My motivation is getting out of poverty. Like, I'm not homeless or anything but let's just say my current situation prevents me from practicing.
From practicing what? Compassion? Meditation?
Patience? Generosity?
Or do you mean being able to set aside time for formal rituals?

What it seems is that most people miss is bringing everything, the good and the bad, into their dharma practice. Samsara is all we have to work with. But, its enough.

If your current situation prevents you from practicing, then that should become:
“My current situation that prevents me from practicing”
Dharma practice. That problem becomes your practice, part of your path.

Otherwise, Dharma is always “something else”.
EMPTIFUL.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

megaman chiquito wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:13 pm I'll ask a related question here since it doesnt merit its own thread: Are there prayers for fame? Personally id rather be well-known and influential than rich. Not in the prideful way,but id like to be recognized in public and for my words to carry some weight( of course I could use this to preach values and charity and many would take note)
If you pray for fame, publicly, make a big deal of it, maybe get some tv coverage, your wish will come true.
EMPTIFUL.

Return to “Discovering Mahayana Buddhism”