Pictures of Home Shrines and Altars?

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
Raham.karma

Pictures of Home Shrines and Altars?

Post by Raham.karma »

Tashi delek, I'd like to see pictures of home shrines and altars especially from village areas in Tibet, Ladakh, Nepal, other Himalayan areas, and Mongolia. Very interested in nomadic people's shrines and altars as well.
Hazel
Former staff member

Re: Pictures of Home Shrines and Altars?

Post by Hazel »

Raham.karma wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:16 am Tashi delek, I'd like to see pictures of home shrines and altars especially from village areas in Tibet, Ladakh, Nepal, other Himalayan areas, and Mongolia. Very interested in nomadic people's shrines and altars as well.
There are probably not many of these people here. I bet you can dig some up with some online research, though.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Hazel wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:34 am
Raham.karma wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:16 am Tashi delek, I'd like to see pictures of home shrines and altars especially from village areas in Tibet, Ladakh, Nepal, other Himalayan areas, and Mongolia. Very interested in nomadic people's shrines and altars as well.
There are probably not many of these people here. I bet you can dig some up with some online research, though.
Yes. I found a good number by searching on "home shrines altars Tibet Ladakh Nepal". Quite a lot of not-so-relevant results, too, but most of them are easy to identify.

:coffee:
Kim
Raham.karma

Post by Raham.karma »

Thanks very much for the good ideas

Return to “Shrine Room”