Best way to print pictures for shrine?

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
Sennin

Best way to print pictures for shrine?

Post by Sennin »

I have a photo from the HAR website that I want printed on sturdy material. I want it the size of regular photo frame. Any tips on a good place to get this gone but keep the quality?
Observe the difference between the Lord of All Victors, Padmasambhava, and the mahasiddhas of India and Tibet.
Nemo

Re: Best way to print pictures for shrine?

Post by Nemo »

Put it on a USB stick and drive to Staples works well. Costco has some sturdy frames you can order online. They are printed onto a hard board like material or one like a traditional flexible canvas that can then be framed like a painting.
jake5521

Post by jake5521 »

You can do a really good job printing pictures for your shrine with stuff even as simple as some picture frames from donation stores like Goodwill, then if you can do a little photo editing, size them to the frames and go to a Staples or if they are small like 6x9, you can go to a CVS Pharmacy and use their machine. Really cheap to print at CVS, 25 cents or something per one.
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

Yes, think of typical frame sizes if you have the option to change (or specify) the image size.
I have a few art prints that would need a custom frame made to house them, which is kind of a bummer.
With a heart wandering in ignorance down this path and that, to guide me I simply say Namu-Amida-Butsu. -- Ippen

Reciting the Nembutsu and believing in birth in the Pure Land naturally give rise to the Three Minds and the Four Modes of Practice. -- Master Hōnen

Return to “Shrine Room”