Bodghaya Nepal Bhutan and Tibet

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
Kaung

Bodghaya Nepal Bhutan and Tibet

Post by Kaung »

Hi guys
I'm planning a pilgrimage to Bodhgaya and as the title goes may be around this time next year But I don't know where to go for Nepal except Kathmadu; Kopan monastery and Maratika cave It's much worse for Tibet and Bhutan ! :rolleye: Can you give some recommendations on where to go. Is one month enough?And if you've gone before;can you give some advice on how to save money? :thanks:
Konchok Namgyal

Re: Bodghaya Nepal Bhutan and Tibet

Post by Konchok Namgyal »

Kathmandu is a wonderful place, Boudnath stupa, Swyanbu Stupa, parping ( guru rinpoches caves...) and of course Lumbhini.
Stay a with a monastary if you can, you will find the people in nepal extremely nice, and also prices are quite reasonable.
The bus is an adventure.......take a taxi if you can...lol
I was there for two weeks a couple of years ago. I want to go back ASAP !
There is plenty to see and do in nepal alone, I dont think one month would be good enough for three countries..and be warned, Bhutan has very expensive (100.00 per day ) tourist visa !
Recognize that your mind is the unity of being empty and cognizant, suffused with knowing. When your attention is extroverted, you fall under the sway of thoughts. Let your attention recognize itself. Recognize that it is empty. That which recognizes is the cognizance. You can trust at that moment that these two – emptiness and cognizance – are an original unity. Seeing this is called self-knowing wakefulness. ~ Tulku Urgyen Rinpoche
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Hi, Kaung,
You might find some useful links on the Pilgrimage Resources thread at http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=8983.

:coffee:
Kim
Ashoke

Post by Ashoke »

How was your trip? I went to Bodhgaya in the summer of 2017. It was hot, so I wanted a beer, but found it a dry state. I stayed at Mohammed Guest House. :)

Return to “Shrine Room”