Tibetan Medicine primer - especially for pyschological states

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Tibetan Medicine primer - especially for pyschological states

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Hoping Malcolm or someone else might be able to help here.

I'm taking a class essentially on "alternative" frameworks to pyschotherapy. Half of it is good, some information on Ayurveda and a little on TCM. The other half is almost unbearable new age nonsense, seriously it's bad.

I'm wondering if a kind of primer of Tibetan Medical theory exists that would be helpful - specifically with Tibetan Medical views of psychological states and conditions.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Malcolm

Re: Tibetan Medicine primer - especially for pyschological states

Post by Malcolm »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:32 pm Hoping Malcolm or someone else might be able to help here.

I'm taking a class essentially on "alternative" frameworks to pyschotherapy. Half of it is good, some information on Ayurveda and a little on TCM. The other half is almost unbearable new age nonsense, seriously it's bad.

I'm wondering if a kind of primer of Tibetan Medical theory exists that would be helpful - specifically with Tibetan Medical views of psychological states and conditions.
Diamond Healing is an old book, which has a lot of this sort of issue.

The Complete Book of Tibetan Medicine is good, as is Birth, Life, and Death by CHNN.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Thanks much for the help, I ordered Diamond Healing for now.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

Malcolm wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:14 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:32 pm Hoping Malcolm or someone else might be able to help here.

Diamond Healing is an old book, which has a lot of this sort of issue.

The Complete Book of Tibetan Medicine is good, as is Birth, Life, and Death by CHNN.
Hello do you have any opinions on Basic Concepts of Tibetan Medicine? I picked this book up at a local used book store awhile ago. I personally found it very limited in scope, as it is a slim volume, .. but it was interesting to see the surface of various topics in Tibetan Medicine be skimmed.

KN
ma lu dzok pe san gye thop par shok!

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”