Allergies

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
avatamsaka3

Re: Allergies

Post by avatamsaka3 »

I can say that some of this seems to improve through development
Which kind? Seems like you're talking about controlling the breath and awareness of physiology.
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

avatamsaka3 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:25 pm
I can say that some of this seems to improve through development
Which kind? Seems like you're talking about controlling the breath and awareness of physiology.
Youth to adult development.
avatamsaka3

Post by avatamsaka3 »

Oh, well I'm an adult and it's gotten worse this year.

But I'm working on it.
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

avatamsaka3 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:35 pm Oh, well I'm an adult and it's gotten worse this year.

But I'm working on it.
Depending on the type of allergy there might be reasonable means to address them. Some people eat local honey to address some pollen allergies. I don't know too much about particulars unfortunately.
Budai

Post by Budai »

The Medicine Buddha Mantra is actually a very real help in when we need healing. The Sanskrit or Tibetan versions of it, if you find the one you prefer, may help you. Any kind of Medicine Buddha Practice can make a lot of difference, in the short and long run, and if you connect to whatever suits you in that field you may get a lot of relief from your ailment. Sometimes for me the results have been instant and sometimes after a time for various things when I turn to the Medicine Buddha, but there is always a Spiritual Benefit. Namaste.
avatamsaka3

Post by avatamsaka3 »

Some people eat local honey
This is true, but I'm guessing if I tried it there would be adverse effects.
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

avatamsaka3 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:38 pm
Very possibly. My partner was told to eat local honey for their allergies and they had an allergic reaction to it. Nothing serious, but enough to not repeat the experiment.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
avatamsaka3

Post by avatamsaka3 »

I'm going to do some blood tests and try some other science-oriented approaches, and hope for the best.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Manuka Honey

https://manukahoneyorganic.com/what-is- ... ade_Levels

Manuka Honey Grade Levels
USE UMF KFACTOR
Very high antibacterial activity. Superior healing properties. 15-20+ 16-22
High antibacterial activity. Good healing properties. 10-15+ 14-18
Medium level activity. Suitable for maintaining good health. 5-10+ 8-14
Low level activity. Comparable to normal honey. 0-5+ 0-8
It’s eye blinking.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

LastLegend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:13 am Manuka Honey

https://manukahoneyorganic.com/what-is- ... ade_Levels

Manuka Honey Grade Levels
USE UMF KFACTOR
Very high antibacterial activity. Superior healing properties. 15-20+ 16-22
High antibacterial activity. Good healing properties. 10-15+ 14-18
Medium level activity. Suitable for maintaining good health. 5-10+ 8-14
Low level activity. Comparable to normal honey. 0-5+ 0-8
Yes, but the usual theory about eating local honey reducing your allergies is that it exposes you to micro-doses of all the local floral allergens, and "Manuka honey is produced in New Zealand from the nectar of the Manuka tree," as your site says, so it isn't going to help anyone except Kiwis in that way.
There are other health benefits of honey, of course, and Manuka may have some advantages there ...

:namaste:
Kim
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Just to clarify I don’t promote anything or sell anything. I don’t even use it. I don’t like to argue, but there is a reason why it’s so dmn expensive and receives much positive reviews.
It’s eye blinking.
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

Potentially I is assumed the allergens will be low enough to be mild enough for subtle acclimatization. I am not advising this however. Follow your own advice and see an allergist.

It was a means of illustrating how exposure may have lent to over coming the severity of my allergies.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Read some positive reviews here:

I don’t see why it can’t take care of allergies? There are strict standards how they grade and process the honey. Everything together makes it so expensive.
It’s eye blinking.
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Hazel wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:51 pm
Very possibly. My partner was told to eat local honey for their allergies and they had an allergic reaction to it. Nothing serious, but enough to not repeat the experiment.
Apparently I was totally wrong about this. It was concentrated pollen from bees.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Well the usual thought is the local pollens cause allergy, but it’s not the body’s functionings are compromised?
It’s eye blinking.
avatamsaka3

Post by avatamsaka3 »

Well the usual thought is the local pollens cause allergy, but it’s not the body’s functionings are compromised?
It's hypersensitivity. When the body encounters what it perceives as an allergen, it overreacts.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

avatamsaka3 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:50 am
It's hypersensitivity. When the body encounters what it perceives as an allergen, it overreacts.
I don’t mean to be provoking but people in the Western world live in clean environment. Third worlds people don’t live very clean, yet they somehow manage not to have certain active illnesses. For example, most Vietnamese are tested positive for tuberculosis yet a chest x-ray indicates they have no active TB.
It’s eye blinking.
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

LastLegend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:01 am
avatamsaka3 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:50 am
I don’t mean to be provoking but people in the Western world live in clean environment. Third worlds people don’t live very clean, yet they somehow manage not to have certain active illnesses. For example, most Vietnamese are tested positive for tuberculosis yet a chest x-ray indicate they have no active TB.
It is more complex than this. For example on Long Island New York there is an over abundance of male trees because of landscaping preference and thus an over abundance of pollen. Many more factors but the world is not the same environmentally and this compounds issues greatly.
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

I am just making a point: species can adapt to certain environments to resist diseases. Science now! Why are we not adapting to resist allergies? I have no clue.
It’s eye blinking.
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

LastLegend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:12 am I am just making a point: species can adapt to certain environments to resist diseases. Science now! Why are we not adapting to resist allergies? I have no clue.
We had adapted and then sharp ecological changes happened faster than we could adapt to them.

The earth and mankind have changed drastically in the past couple hundred years.

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”