did Dogen say......

confusedsoso

did Dogen say......

Post by confusedsoso »

Did Dogen say there was no such thing as nirvana but only that nirvana lies with zazen. I think I read this somewhere on the internet. Is this true??
Aemilius

Re: did Dogen say......

Post by Aemilius »

"There is no beginning to practice nor end to enlightenment; There is no beginning to enlightenment nor end to practice." ~ Dogen
Last edited by Ayu on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Maybe it was only a coincidence, but I had a strange phenomenon after using the link as well. Link precautionally removed.
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
confusedsoso

Post by confusedsoso »

Aemilius

your link is bugged, whenever I click on it, my computer says I have been hacked
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Post by narhwal90 »

Link is clear for me, though the page does incorporate doubleclick and googlesyndication javascript which would be good to disable via something like noscript.
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

narhwal90 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:33 pm Link is clear for me, though the page does incorporate doubleclick and googlesyndication javascript which would be good to disable via something like noscript.
I don't understand anything of that, but the link works fine on my computer. Here is a link to the main page of A-Z Quotes https://www.azquotes.com/ then you just put in "Dogen"
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)

Return to “Soto”