Herbs don't work for me,any other options?

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
Artziebetter1

Herbs don't work for me,any other options?

Post by Artziebetter1 »

my body has a quick tolerance or blocking of any herb's mental effects.I took every ayurvedic Herb there is for my overactive mind(intrusive thoughts related to ocd)and while they initially worked the first day,the next day they do nothing.I have had similar experiences with other plant remedies.

I am looking into a tibetan acupressure mat,and while it may provide benefits,I wonder if there is anything besides herbs that can adress a vata imbalance such as ocd.

I went vegeterian for a while,and that didn't work either.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Herbs don't work for me,any other options?

Post by Ayu »

I hope you are aware that random online advice cannot substitute real professional advice given face to face in meatspace.
avatamsaka3

Post by avatamsaka3 »

Please find qualified professionals to help you in the real world.

On the spiritual side, you might look into Tibetan mantra healing... could help.
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

Artziebetter1 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:41 am my body has a quick tolerance or blocking of any herb's mental effects.I took every ayurvedic Herb there is for my overactive mind(intrusive thoughts related to ocd)and while they initially worked the first day,the next day they do nothing.I have had similar experiences with other plant remedies.

I am looking into a tibetan acupressure mat,and while it may provide benefits,I wonder if there is anything besides herbs that can adress a vata imbalance such as ocd.

I went vegeterian for a while,and that didn't work either.
have you gone to a tibetan medicine practitioner?
true dharma is inexpressible.

The bodhisattva nourishes from bodhicitta, through whatever method the Buddha has given him. Oh joy.
reiun

Post by reiun »

avatamsaka3 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:00 pm Please find qualified professionals to help you in the real world.
To help your research in general, and to help find a professional, consider checking the International OCD Foundation, if you haven't already:

https://iocdf.org/programs/

Best wishes
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Artziebetter1 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:41 amI am looking into a tibetan acupressure mat...
Say what???
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

avatamsaka3 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:00 pmOn the spiritual side, you might look into Tibetan mantra healing... could help.
Say what???

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Grigoris wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:42 am
Artziebetter1 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:41 amI am looking into a tibetan acupressure mat...
Say what???
Hand-made by Tibetan monks in the high Himalayas. If you purchase either the Tibetan healing crystals or the Tibetan singing bowls with the mat you get a 20% discount.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

PeterC wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:16 pm
Grigoris wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:42 am
Say what???
Hand-made by Tibetan monks in the high Himalayas. If you purchase either the Tibetan healing crystals or the Tibetan singing bowls with the mat you get a 20% discount.
sigh.jpg
sigh.jpg (12.77 KiB) Viewed 7710 times

Rick

Post by Rick »

Qigong is ime good at slowing down the mind and body. Slow, calm mind-body, less OCD. Doing these easy* routines, one am one pm, might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4qo2KL9f4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9kvYnWKG3g

* Easy on the surface, much more challenging deep down
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

Return to “Alternative Health”