Classic Kagyü Mahāmudrā Texts

Charlie123

Re: Classic Kagyü Mahāmudrā Texts

Post by Charlie123 »

Daniel Aitken wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:04 am
Karma Tashi G. wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:23 pm
conebeckham wrote:As a fan of books, (and of whisky), I appreciate all your sentiments. :twothumbsup:

Frankly, I like Bokar Rinpoche's little condensation of Ngedon Gyamtso the best, because I think it's doesn't give away the farm, but is a nice tool to help you ask yourself appropriate questions. "Opening the Door to Certainty."

Bokar Rinpoche is a very high lama and I have seen that little book! I am now in my 65th year and reading long books, makes me fall asleep!

KTG
There is a commentary coming out in April on this text by Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche called Mahamudra: A Practical Guide. It is a fantastic book! Here is the description:

At the heart of this book are Rinpoche’s practical instructions on how to settle the mind and meditate in a way that directly works with the mind, with the aim of discovering and becoming familiar with the nature of the mind. These instructions are given as commentary to a short text written by Bokar Rinpoche, which is itself a concise commentary on the Ninth Gyalwa Karmapa Wangchuk Dorjé’s Ocean of Definitive Meaning, which is considered to be one of the most authoritative and exhaustive treatises on Mahamudra.

edit: I can't seem to drop in the link, but if you google the title you will see the book come up on Amazon.
I listened to the interview that you did with Gharwang Rinpoche some time ago. It was really excellent.

Your interview series has quite a few gems.
Daniel Aitken

Re: Classic Kagyü Mahāmudrā Texts

Post by Daniel Aitken »

Charlie123 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:09 am
Daniel Aitken wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:04 am
Karma Tashi G. wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Bokar Rinpoche is a very high lama and I have seen that little book! I am now in my 65th year and reading long books, makes me fall asleep!

KTG
There is a commentary coming out in April on this text by Zurmang Gharwang Rinpoche called Mahamudra: A Practical Guide. It is a fantastic book! Here is the description:

At the heart of this book are Rinpoche’s practical instructions on how to settle the mind and meditate in a way that directly works with the mind, with the aim of discovering and becoming familiar with the nature of the mind. These instructions are given as commentary to a short text written by Bokar Rinpoche, which is itself a concise commentary on the Ninth Gyalwa Karmapa Wangchuk Dorjé’s Ocean of Definitive Meaning, which is considered to be one of the most authoritative and exhaustive treatises on Mahamudra.

edit: I can't seem to drop in the link, but if you google the title you will see the book come up on Amazon.
I listened to the interview that you did with Gharwang Rinpoche some time ago. It was really excellent.

Your interview series has quite a few gems.
I'm glad you liked the interview. I'll be doing another one in a couple of weeks with Rinpoche. We will be talking about the above book and also a larger project translating and publishing key mahamudra texts from the Zurmang tradition and mahamudra in the tradition more generally. It will be over zoom and everyone is welcome to come and ask Rinpoche questions.

Return to “Mahamudra”