Searching english version of "Certainty of the Diamond Mind"

Powerful bliss

Searching english version of "Certainty of the Diamond Mind"

Post by Powerful bliss »

Refering to this topic: https://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?p=292970#p292970

Hello everybody,

I find «Pointing Out the Great Way” a very articulate book with useful commentaries and it could well become a western classic on Mahamudra.

One of the reference text is: The Certainty of the Diamond Mind (Phyag rgya chen po /han cig skyes sbyor dngos gzhi'i khrid yig cung zad spros pa sems kyi rdo rje'i nges gnas gsa/ bar byed pa) by Jampel Pawo. This is a commentary on Pema Karpo root text: Practice Guidelines of the Simultaneous School of Mahamudra.
After some research I found that Jampel Pawo was the Fourth Drukpa Yongdzin (4th Dechen Chokor Yongdzin Jampal Pawo,1720-1780 ).

I only sourced a Tibetan version of this book in Rigpe Dorje Practice Series, 2010 – Book Series # 11: A Selection of Instructions on Mahamudra.

Anyone knows how to find an English version of this book as I don’t know Tibetan?

Thanks!
Powerful bliss

Re:Searching english version of "Certainty of the Diamond Mind"

Post by Powerful bliss »

To be clear, I am looking for an english version of the text "The Certainty of the Diamond Mind" by Jampel Pawo. It is certainly a classic within the Drukpa kagyu lineage, maybe a restricted text?
anjali
Former staff member

Re: Re:Searching english version of "Certainty of the Diamond Mind"

Post by anjali »

Powerful bliss wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:21 pm To be clear, I am looking for an english version of the text "The Certainty of the Diamond Mind" by Jampel Pawo. It is certainly a classic within the Drukpa kagyu lineage, maybe a restricted text?
Greetings. I personally don't know of an english translation, but you can always try contacting Daniel Brown, the author of Pointing Out the Great Way, and see what he says: https://pointingoutway.org/contact.
heart

Re: Re:Searching english version of "Certainty of the Diamond Mind"

Post by heart »

Powerful bliss wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:21 pm To be clear, I am looking for an english version of the text "The Certainty of the Diamond Mind" by Jampel Pawo. It is certainly a classic within the Drukpa kagyu lineage, maybe a restricted text?
The Royal Seal of Mahamudra, volume 1 and 2, is the best Drukpa Mahamudra text I have read.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Mahamudra”