Royal seal of mahamudra - volume two?

Lingpupa

Royal seal of mahamudra - volume two?

Post by Lingpupa »

Does anybody know if a second volume exists or is expected?
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
passel

Re: Royal seal of mahamudra - volume two?

Post by passel »

Doesn't exist, I wouldn't hold my breath, just from Gerardo's introduction- he seems to be saying that all the good stuff is in the one that's been translated, tho maybe one day. Possible that the remainder covers material that's already been well-covered, as opposed to the one we have which is pretty special and unique.
"I have made a heap of all that I have met"- Svetonious
Kris

Post by Kris »

Not sure, but just came to say that volume I is awesome.
The profound path of the master.
-- Virūpa, Vajra Lines
anjali
Former staff member

Post by anjali »

No news either way on a Vol 2, but wanted to offer this video of Gerardo briefly discussing Vol 1.

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

anjali wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:48 pm No news either way on a Vol 2, but wanted to offer this video of Gerardo briefly discussing Vol 1.

Very nice. :twothumbsup:
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

I think he is finnishing translating the second volume
Simha

Post by Simha »

Gerardo told me in 2015 or 2016 that he had almost finished volume two and that it would be published around Fall/Winter of 2017. I haven't seen him since then so it seems to have been delayed but I think it should be published in the next year or two based on him saying it was in the editing phase. I haev read the whole thing in Tibetan and it is my Mahamudra bible. The second half is amazing, a lot on the phases of pointing out instructions as well as an extremely detailed and clear explanation of the refinement of consciousness through the four yogas which in my opinion is crucial. So lets pray he gets it finished and that his health stays stable throughout the process as he has been ill.
Manju

Post by Manju »

Thank you for posting this video.

It says:
The Third Khamtrul Rinpoche (Kunga Tenzin, 1680–1728) realized the natural state at the age of 3 and he said it never wavered throughout his life.

Remarkable and wonderful.

Manju

Return to “Mahamudra”