Mahamudra the Moonlight

Karma Dondrup Tashi

Mahamudra the Moonlight

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Since there is a new translation of the root text by Dakpo Tashi Namgyal by Elizabeth Callahan, i am wondering if anyone is aware of any teachings on mp3 or video or otherwise, using either the Traleg or Lhalungpa translations ?

PS: or Clarifying the natural State or Wangchuk Dorje's root text. I can't find any teachings that were ever given on these.
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
anjali
Former staff member

Re: Mahamudra the Moonlight

Post by anjali »

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:40 pm Since there is a new translation of the root text by Dakpo Tashi Namgyal by Elizabeth Callahan, i am wondering if anyone is aware of any teachings on mp3 or video or otherwise, using either the Traleg or Lhalungpa translations ?

PS: or Clarifying the natural State or Wangchuk Dorje's root text. I can't find any teachings that were ever given on these.
I'm guessing you are aware of the excellent published oral teachings on these texts by Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche. I believe his commentary on Moonbeams is based on the Lhalunga translation.

If you are looking for audio, the only thing I was able to find back when I was also looking was Traleg Kyabgon's audio CD's on Clarifying the Natural State. You can get them through namsebangdzo. Unfortunately, I found his speaking style to be off-putting (lots of ummms and ahhs that disrupted the flow). :( Maybe you will have a different experience if you choose to get them.
Karma Dondrup Tashi

thank you v much

Yes the Thrangu Rinpoche talks from big bear are published as "Essentials of Mahamudra" now also, I think, I will re-visit that book.

I will definitely check out the Traleg talks, TY.
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

anjali wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:02 pm
Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:40 pm Since there is a new translation of the root text by Dakpo Tashi Namgyal by Elizabeth Callahan, i am wondering if anyone is aware of any teachings on mp3 or video or otherwise, using either the Traleg or Lhalungpa translations ?

I'm guessing you are aware of the excellent published oral teachings on these texts by Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche. I believe his commentary on Moonbeams is based on the Lhalunga translation.

If you are looking for audio, the only thing I was able to find back when I was also looking was Traleg Kyabgon's audio CD's on Clarifying the Natural State. You can get them through namsebangdzo. Unfortunately, I found his speaking style to be off-putting (lots of ummms and ahhs that disrupted the flow). :( Maybe you will have a different experience if you choose to get them.
The umms and ahhs came after Rinpoche had a serious fall.

Thus have I heard.

Excellent teacher.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
gb9810

Post by gb9810 »

may not be useful depending on one's background, but here are:

a bit on moonbeam:

http://ktgr.dscloud.me/moodle/enrol/index.php?id=241

and a bit more on CNS:

http://ktgr.dscloud.me/moodle/enrol/index.php?id=106

and
http://ktgr.dscloud.me/moodle/course/in ... egoryid=34

just fyi
Karma Dondrup Tashi

tyvm

Return to “Mahamudra”