Hello from Canada (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
kumo

Hello from Canada (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)!

Post by kumo »

Hello everyone,

I am, at the time of my writing this, nearly 40 years old. I was born and raised and continue to live in Canada; specifically the province of Saskatchewan. I am happily married, going on 7 years, and live a rather simple life. No pets, no kids, no big career taking up most of my time. I am grateful to be able to live this lifestyle as it allows for my material needs to be met while allowing me enough free time to study and practice the Dharma.

I first encountered the Dharma in 2002 through the Lama Surya Das book Awakening the Buddha Within and it's been quite the journey! I have largely stuck with Tibetan Buddhism while also practicing with a Zen group (from whom I've formally taken precepts) and listening to teachings from a good Theravada teacher. The core of my practice, however, is Dzogchen. I have received the pointing out instruction from Lama Lena and have be put what I learned from her into practice.

I also listen to podcasts like the Bob Thurman Podcast, Deconstructing Yourself, and Tricycle Talks.

Thank you,

kumo
Shinjin

Re: Hello from Canada (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan)!

Post by Shinjin »

Saskatoon, Canada EH?

Welcome
Shotenzenjin

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Another Canuck
Welcome from Niagara falls Canada eh
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Return to “Introductions”