Passing through

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Earl Grey

Passing through

Post by Earl Grey »

Hello, just registered at the recommendation of a friend whom I know on two other forums, The Dao Bums and Alchemical Garden. Second attempt here as I accidentally went to Dhamma Wheel...so reposting here.

Mostly a Daoist doing neigong and internal martial arts, I'm an American expatriate living in Southeast Asia. Took the vows earlier this year and it was one of the best decisions I made.

Here to ask a few questions since Dharma isn't really my strong point yet, so hopefully someone can answer questions...

Main question I start with is if anyone does a Green Tara practice. Years ago, I completed a classical approach of chanting her mantra 125k times, but now that I am doing tantra, I was looking for someone who does a formal Green Tara practice. I'm asking because I'm considering taking the course over at taramandala.org and am concerned if it is material heavy, since I will be in a place without too much access to materials in the countryside soon

FYI the country in Southeast Asia that I live in is not Buddhist, so it's a bit harder to get some materials.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: Passing through

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Welcome to DW. :twothumbsup:
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Shotenzenjin

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Welcome
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
Chenda

Post by Chenda »

Welcome to DW!!
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

Tara.jpg
Tara.jpg (996.98 KiB) Viewed 2663 times
Welcome! I hope you have success in your Green Tara practice.
Namu Amida Butsu

Return to “Introductions”