Hey!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Chenda

Hey!

Post by Chenda »

Hi! I'm Chenda, a young adult from the Philippines. I've been studying Buddhism for years but never really actively practiced until recently when I picked up Chögyam Trungpa's "The Sacred Path of the Warrior" while I was looking for the Bhagavad Gita (it surprised me too). Since then, I've committed myself to primarily mantra recitations and shamatha meditation with the hope of one day meeting a teacher who can guide me on this path. The nearest temple to me is a Palyul Nyingma one so I've made it a point to stick with Nyingma sources and "accessible" practices for the time being.

I'm a self-proclaimed Confucian, drawing a lot of my worldviews and perspective from Confucianism while simultaneously struggling to make it work with Buddhism. Currently still studying it but I simply enjoy reading stuff that fascinate me. Recently, I've been less and less inclined to pursue this as I read more Buddhist texts. I recently received lung for Shantideva's The Way of the Bodhisattva from Khenpo Kunga (sponsored by Tergar), so I'm looking forward to committing to the study of this text alongside my current practice until I meet my teacher.

I hope to know you all and be part of this community of seekers, enthusiasts, and practitioners. Tashi delek!
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hey!

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Shotenzenjin

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Welcome
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
Chenda

Post by Chenda »

Thank you!
Punya

Post by Punya »

Hello and welcome Chenda. :hi:

How wonderful that you have already received the lung. I hope you enjoy studying with Tergar.

Edit: Maybe not worry too much about the potential conflicts with confucian thought. These things tend to work themselves out over time.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
Chenda

Post by Chenda »

Punya wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:01 am Hello and welcome Chenda. :hi:

How wonderful that you have already received the lung. I hope you enjoy studying with Tergar.

Edit: Maybe not worry too much about the potential conflicts with confucian thought. These things tend to work themselves out over time.
It's always a pleasure to receive lung and teachings for texts that I'm personally interested in, will definitely enjoy it!

Thanks, Punya! Hope to see you around.

Return to “Introductions”