I'm back

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: I'm back

Post by Queequeg »

Holy cow.

Hang in there.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

DGA wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:05 am Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Oh, one more thing: My dad's fighting stage 4 cancer. he lives a little over three hours away, if you haul ass through the Columbia Gorge. His girlfriend is caring for him, BUT now she has an aggressive cancer going on too, so she's getting a pretty invasive surgery on Monday. So I'll be in Portland caring for the both of them for a while.

Anyway, that's a sample of life's rich pageant. That's what I've been doing with my life of late.
:group:
You've been carrying a big load! I hope we can at least give you a bit of moral support and a nice place to visit occasionally.

:namaste:
Kim
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

DGA wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:05 am
Anyway, that's a sample of life's rich pageant. That's what I've been doing with my life of late.
The three realms are impermanent;
migrating beings’ birth and death is equivalent to watching a show;
a being’s life is like a flash of lightening in the sky;
passing by as swiftly as a mountain waterfall.
Dan74
Former staff member

Post by Dan74 »

Kim O'Hara wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:47 pm
DGA wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:05 am Thank you everyone for the kind words.

Oh, one more thing: My dad's fighting stage 4 cancer. he lives a little over three hours away, if you haul ass through the Columbia Gorge. His girlfriend is caring for him, BUT now she has an aggressive cancer going on too, so she's getting a pretty invasive surgery on Monday. So I'll be in Portland caring for the both of them for a while.

:group:
You've been carrying a big load! I hope we can at least give you a bit of moral support and a nice place to visit occasionally.

:namaste:
Kim
+1

Hope you've been taking care of yourself too. Good to "see" you back.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Malcolm wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:15 pm
DGA wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:05 am
The three realms are impermanent;
migrating beings’ birth and death is equivalent to watching a show;
a being’s life is like a flash of lightening in the sky;
passing by as swiftly as a mountain waterfall.
Well spoken.
boda

Post by boda »

:heart:

Return to “Introductions”