Tashi Delek to all Sangha from Eastern Canada

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Raham.karma

Tashi Delek to all Sangha from Eastern Canada

Post by Raham.karma »

Tashi delek, thank you for accepting me to this forum, I started following dharma 2 years ago. I was Muslim for 20+ years (I converted at 16), and have lived in India, Bangladesh, West Africa, the Middle East, and various places.

2 years ago, after a very long crisis of faith, I had a dream of Chenrezig and that was one of the most profound experiences of my life. Directly after that I decided to follow the dharma. I met with a Shambhala meditation instructor who showed me shinay practice, which I have been doing now for 1 year and a half for a solid 2 hours daily, and I also do as much Chenrezig mantra as possible. I live alone in (extremely) rural Eastern Canada, in an off-grid house on about 500 acres of generational family land. Because I came to Dharma at the beginning of the covid pandemic, there hasn't been much ability to meet with local practitioners, so I've mostly kept to myself. I really know very little about Dharma, but I know I'm in love with Chenrezig.

I hope to make some dharma friends and learn and unlearn and learn again many things, may you all have good fortune and complete liberation.
IMG_20210603_155639_810.jpg
IMG_20210603_155639_810.jpg (41.58 KiB) Viewed 982 times
KathyLauren

Re: Tashi Delek to all Sangha from Eastern Canada

Post by KathyLauren »

Welcome, Raham.karma.

I, too, live in rural eastern Canada. I hear you about the lack of local practitioners to meet up with. It's not just covid. It was like that before. I read your other posts, and you will be fine. Just keep on doing what you are doing.

Om mani padme hum
Kathy
Shotenzenjin

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Welcome
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Raham.karma

Post by Raham.karma »

Thank you for the welcomes!
KathyLauren wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:21 pm Welcome, Raham.karma.

I, too, live in rural eastern Canada. I hear you about the lack of local practitioners to meet up with. It's not just covid. It was like that before. I read your other posts, and you will be fine. Just keep on doing what you are doing.

Om mani padme hum
Kathy
That's wonderful, very happy to hear there are other Maritimers here! I'm in NB. Is there any Sangha that you connect with, and I'd love to hear more about you and your practice.
KathyLauren

Post by KathyLauren »

Raham.karma wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:32 am Thank you for the welcomes!
KathyLauren wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:21 pm Welcome, Raham.karma.

Om mani padme hum
Kathy
That's wonderful, very happy to hear there are other Maritimers here! I'm in NB. Is there any Sangha that you connect with, and I'd love to hear more about you and your practice.
I am in Nova Scotia. (*waves across the bay* :hi: )

There is no sangha here that I am aware of. I think there is a monastery in Cape Breton, but that is a long way away, and I have never been there. There are some Shambhala groups in the city, but, with all the controversies around them in recent years, I am not comfortable with them. I am surprised that there is not a Buddhist group at the local university. However, it is a Baptist university, so they may frown on that sort of thing.

I practise by myself, just a short meditation every day. I have been at it for a long time, about 40 years. Hopefully, longevity and dedication make up for lazy practice.

Om mani padme hum
Kathy
Veriotoyo

Post by Veriotoyo »

Hello my new good friend , welcome to this site . I really can relate to your experience. I hope we can chat more and become friends . I also studied Islam for a short while and almost converted but since I was in high school I had a special place for Buddhism. I wanted to ask you more about why you decided to leave Islam after twenty years ?

Thanks and hope to chat soon.
Raham.karma

Post by Raham.karma »

Veriotoyo wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:45 pm Hello my new good friend , welcome to this site . I really can relate to your experience. I hope we can chat more and become friends . I also studied Islam for a short while and almost converted but since I was in high school I had a special place for Buddhism. I wanted to ask you more about why you decided to leave Islam after twenty years ?

Thanks and hope to chat soon.
Oh yes, feel free to send me a PM I'd be glad to talk with you!

Return to “Introductions”