One who wishes to return the Gohonzon.

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
The1Roseman

One who wishes to return the Gohonzon.

Post by The1Roseman »

Ladies/Gentlemen:
I am new here to this forum but have some thoughts and experiences regarding care and handling of Nichern Shoshu NSA/SGI. This Rasta is now in I 70's and have recently returned to my Nichern Buddhist Practice. I and I started the NSA Nichern Shoshu way in the early 1976 and rather enjoyed I self and was caught up in the craziness of the times. All was well for 15 plus years and then life happened. I and I chanted day and night, and at the same time developed a serious drug problem. Eventually this Dread lost my wife, children, home, cars, money, and most of I mind. Rasta took to the streets Gohonzon carefully packed into my traveling belongings, and long story longer in very short lost or had the Gohonzon stolen.

Fast forward ten (10) plus years I and I began to recover and by the mid-life 1990's was back to the world and back to my cameraman profession, eventually retiring and securing my VA Benefits from Vietnam service.

Eventually this Dread began to randomly pray for my Good Wife's happiness. Next I and I started to chant. Next I and I started to chant for a Gohonzon to offer prayer in front of. This Rasta only loosely knew of the issues between SGI and the Temple/Priesthood. This Dread refuses to take sides nor slander either side.

Good News several weeks ago Rasta came across an Omamori Gohonzon in the hands of a non-Buddhist and for a fee I brought it home to my new happy Buddhist practice. I enjoy my twice daily Gongyo and Daimoku. To sum up this story Rasta now has the Omamori Gohonzon that I wanted I have a small fully furnished Butsudan in miniature with lights. The Dread has the perfect place to chant for I Dear Good Wife's happiness and I will not allow any outside noise to damage I peace and joy. Life is good and Rasta believes the the lost Gohonzon has returned to I and I.

One Love
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Re: One who wishes to return the Gohonzon.

Post by narhwal90 »

It is a good day to practice :twothumbsup:
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Welcome!
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Shotenzenjin

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Welcome
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
Budai

Post by Budai »

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo :heart: .

Return to “Introductions”