Ave

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Ruhan

Ave

Post by Ruhan »

Why bother with the world?
Let the others go gray, scrambling east and west.
In this mountain temple, lying half inside
and half out, I'm away from joy or pain.
(Ryushu)

Hi, I'm a passing tengu monk. I have been dealing with Buddhist matters for some years, especially on a philosophical level. I don't know if I can be called a practitioner. Maybe yes maybe no. :roll:

My interest is especially focused on the various streams of Chinese schools, especially Ch'an (and Zen such as Korean Seon) and Tiantai (and of course Japanese Tendai), and I sometimes drink from the Pali canons to sum up thanks to their proverbial clarity. I also have some knowledge (more or less thorough, but always concerning past reading) about the Shingon.

I recently started reading Jeffrey Hopkins, thus also approaching the more analytical approach of the Tibetans (which for academic reasons I am familiar with, but I had never studied in depth). :reading:

This forum seemed to me quite interesting and frequented by very knowledgeable people who deal with the various topics with very precise answers. This humble and lazy old tengu monk follows you and reads you! :spy:
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Ave

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Shotenzenjin

Post by Shotenzenjin »

Welcome
Generation's shall pass, our determination shall grow, at the foot of Mount Fuji
Like smoke that reaches far beyond the clouds.--nichimoku shonin. Third high priest of Nichiren Shoshu

Hokekko of true Buddhism https://nstny.org

Introduction to Nichiren Shoshu Buddhism
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... VKyEQ_cxK9
Ruhan

Post by Ruhan »

DNS wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:43 pm Welcome to DW!

Shotenzenjin wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:46 pmWelcome
Thank you!
Budai

Post by Budai »

Welcome, awesome friend! I like your Avatar, it is nicely drawn. I hope you are finding what you are looking for, and fight for the Bodhisattva Spirit.

Aum.

:buddha2:
Ruhan

Post by Ruhan »

Könchok Chödrak wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:59 pm Welcome, awesome friend! I like your Avatar, it is nicely drawn. I hope you are finding what you are looking for, and fight for the Bodhisattva Spirit.

Aum.

:buddha2:
Thanks a lot, my friend! Hope the same happens to you!

:buddha1:

Return to “Introductions”